cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SiriusXM Gift Card

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

Has anyone purchased SiriusXM gift cards.  I purchased a SiriusXM gift card on or around 03/24/22.  SiriusXM would not accept gift card for services or merchandise.  The customer service agent from SiriusXM informed me I needed to provide an expiration date and security code.  I even attempted to contact the card issuer and to no avail all attempts failed.  I finally contacted the Care Team eventually I received a full refund.  Save yourself the headache.  For now on, whenever I purchase a gift card for a new store or service it will be for the bare minimum amount.  I would like to acknowledge Ibotta for rapidly refunding my money for the SiriusXM gift card. 

Screenshot_20220329-230804_Ibotta.jpg

 Purchase with caution! 

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: SiriusXM Gift Card

Cj25inc
Rewards Hunter

Same issue here. Not sure if iBotta fully understands the SiriusXM gift card redemption requirements or SiriusXM online account portal is only programmed to redeem gift cards with expiration dates and CVVs. I spoke to a SiriusXM representative who was going to issue a credit for my SiriusXM account until the situation is resolved (assuming they find a way to credit it based on the gift card number I provided).

Lesson learned, I guess. I won’t be purchasing these gift cards until the two systems (iBotta and SiriusXM) are fully integrated and work together for proper redemption. It shouldn’t be too hard to iBotta to provide the required information, as I know they provide PINs for countless other cards.

Tags (1)

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Cj25inc 

I hope Ibotta gets it figured out soon. I exchanged three email messages with Care Team members explaining the issue was with the SiriusXM gift card and not Ibotta account. Each time I would receive a generic response requesting my Ibotta account information.  I have already received my refund for the gift card.  I think the link for SiriusXM should be disabled until it is resolved.  Are there any other gift cards with similar issues that cannot be redeemed because of a missing pin number or security code? 

OBSHOP_0-1648670891075.jpegOBSHOP_1-1648670926014.jpeg

0 Likes

rsussk01
Rewards Hunter

Same issue….I have not heard anything from Ibotta in response to my ticket in over 3 weeks…and SiriusXM flat out said they won’t honor the gift card given there is no security code, etc. 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@rsussk01 

From your initial request for assistance you should have received a trouble report number.  I would recommend you tag @JuliannaV and ask her if she could assist with recovering your funds.  This gift card should be removed from the gallery 

0 Likes

JuliannaV
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rsussk01 you'll actually need to reach out to our Care team for resolution on this. We don't have access to people's accounts and aren't able to help in these situations. 

@ShelbyS 

0 Likes