Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The scariest moment of an Ibotta Saver

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I was finishing up my weekend shopping when I got a text from my wife:

Our refrigerator stopped working.

It was full of soupy ice cream and even a turkey we bought when the prices were only 49 cents a pound.

We actually have a second refrigerator in our garage and we moved what we could into it.  Some things just weren't worth saving.

I actually cooked a box of Super Pretzels and Jose Ole Taquitos and snacked on them while we moved food.

We got everything moved.  Just don't ask me where anything is.

7 Replies

Re: The scariest moment of an Ibotta Saver

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@mmoore01  I surmise your next deal will be a new refrigerator?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   oh you got jokes!!!

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

cjwoody
Super Saver

@mmoore01  That’s a bummer, thank goodness you could salvage some of your inventory.

As an Ibotta Saver, the scariest moments for me… without question… are when I’m in a store and realize I don’t have my coupon envelope on me.  Is it in my pocket?  Is it in one of my bags??  Is it in a recent aisle?!?  Is it still in the car, and I just forgot to bring it in?!?!?!… Is it still at home on the counter?!?!?!?!?!  Oh, the panic.

Janet1964
Super Saver

@mmoore01 

I feel your pain. Remember that happened to me on Mother’s Day with upright freezer and my husband was out of the country with his dying father.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  I had the same experience last winter.  So I packed everything in snow (easy for me to do - not so easy for you) and rushed out and bought another fridge (which we all hate).  It is smaller than the one we had (NOT A GOOD IDEA) and the freezer is on the top (we had one on the bottom). and then everything that was packed in snow melted anyways so I had to toss it all anyway.  

So during the pandemic, my dishwasher, my fridge and my washing machine all broke. 

Haven't replaced the dishwasher (since March 2020), hate my fridge, and so far my washing machine is ok.  They certainly don't make things like they used to.  

Love the idea of snacking while you moved al your food to the other fridge.  Good luck purchasing a new one!

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Oh, that is awful. Been there before and it isn't fun. Last year our freezer full of expensive meat broke in the summer....we lost our entire year supply of beef, chicken and lamb. I feel your pain but I am glad you were able to save some items.  Hopefully you will be able to get a new refrigerator soon. Last summer all the appliances were backordered and it took us 4 months before we finally could pick up our new freezer so I hope you won't have to wait long to get a new refrigerator if it's in your plans.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I haven't given up on the Fridge yet.  If I can have it repaired for $200-$300, it would be much cheaper than a new refrigerator ($1000 - $3000).

We moved everything out last night, but haven't unplugged it.  It is still making ice and the water dispenser still gives chilled water.

We put a thermometer in the freezer and it said it was -20 degrees F.  Maybe the thermostat needs replacing.

0 Likes