cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veterans Day

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Happy Veterans Day! I just wanted to say thank you to all our veterans on Ibotta. Thank you for all your sacrifice, time and devotion to protecting our country and it's citizens. Again, thank you for your service.

3 Replies

Re: Veterans Day

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Marethundsabre 

Thank you very much. 🇺🇲

Every journey starts with the first step

FelskyNY
Deal Master

My dad was born on 8/11/32 and served during the Korean war (stateside).  He met my mom, took advantage of the GI bill and went to college to become a teacher. He also worked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.  Any GI he passed, he stopped to shake his or her hand.  He volunteered at the VA. He encouraged people to vote up until his final days. He passed away on 9/11/16 and just as he did every other year, I made sure the TV in his hospital room was tuned to the 9/11 Memorial.  He is buried at Calverton National Cemetery. His flag sits on the fireplace mantle.   I always felt a very strong affinity to the #11 and see the time 11:11 on the clock, and know that Dad is looking over me. 

So today 11/11/21 being Veteran's Day, holds a special place in my heart. A very sincere thank you to those of you who served, and to those family members who have stood beside them to love them, support them, and welcome them home, from my family to yours. 

Janet1964
Super Saver

Thank you all for your service! And the families left at home served as well. But today is a special day for the veteran who signed their name to sacrifice everything (including  up to their very life) to defend this great nation. 

I know we have problems today, but it is STILL the greatest nation on this earth.

0 Likes