cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Bag fee

Skim
Saver

I have just noticed that I have pending bag fee on today’s Walmart Grocery Delivery order for the first time. Considering they usually put about three items in each bag - this might get ugly.  I’m not even sure what the fee per bag is. 

Anyone see this on their pickup or delivery order ?  

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Walmart Bag fee

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Several States, Cities and Counties have bans for plastic bags.  If you live in one of these, there could be a fee for plastic bags.

This site has a list of States, Cities and Counties that have bans and/or fees for plastic bags:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-out_of_lightweight_plastic_bags_in_the_United_States

Nique
Skilled Saver

Target automatically charges for 10 bags with pickup orders even if you buy only 1 item. The email says they will remove the fee if you decline at pickup. I have only done this twice. The first time it was removed no problem. The second time when I asked the customer service rep to remove it she was quite irritated.

My state charges for bags. I only do pickup when the online price is lower than in store, and I use my own bags unless they are free.

Marethundsabre
Core Shopper

Wow, I have not heard of this. The stores in my area except for Also do not charge for bags. If they did, I think I would shop somewhere else or use my own bags from home. I think if a store is going to charge you for the bag, they should let you know before you place the order to and give you the option to decline their bags. That can turn out to be a nasty surprise depending on how many groceries you order or purchase. I know I tend to buy in bulk. I like to do at least one month at a time but if time allows, I will buy enough groceries to last 3 months. I hope that these stores will change that policy soon or at least state the fee per bag so it isn't a surprise.

0 Likes

DebbieDo14
Rewards Hunter

Same happened to me regarding order placed last night.  Never been charged a bag fee.  Are they planning on refunding me for the bags I return to the store? 

0 Likes

DebbieDo14
Rewards Hunter

I wasn't told at the time I placed the order there would be a bag fee.  I would be fine if they just put all of my items in my trunk without bags.  Why isn't that an option?