cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Gift Card Minimum Now $20

kynuna
Core Shopper

I just noticed that the Walmart gift card minimum purchase is now $20. I’m kind of bummed about this change. 

24 Replies

Re: Walmart Gift Card Minimum Now $20

phillyman
Saver

Ohhhhhhh noooooo! 

0 Likes

123Save
Deal Ambassador

The change is probably in conjunction with the revamp of bonuses. Who knows. We’ll probably never know. 

0 Likes

Amckinney7
Core Shopper

@kynuna I agree I'm bummed. Stacking pay with Ibotta is generally how I make a bonus. 

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@kynuna 

Wow! No MWMM now Walmart gift card minimum is $20.00. I think it may be due to the popularity of Walmart gift cards being used as fillers to fulfill bonus requirements.  That's just my opinion.

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.

kynuna
Core Shopper

@OBSHOP  I agree wIth your theory. I was doing it myself sometimes 😀 But I liked being able to buy a gift card in a specific amount, (obviously less than $20), to pay at the register. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Can y'all still use 'ibotta pay' for under $20 at least?

Sorry to hear the minimum on GCs was bumped for all of you who used them.  I have never done a GC.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

TXbelle
Super Saver

😭😭😭

I admit to getting my Walmart gc's in $5 increments. They also raised the gc minimums at Sams($20) and Kohls($10). 

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

Same. Can't say I'm surprised. I am disappointed though!

0 Likes

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

Looks like many, but not all, gift card minimums went up to $20. Kind of a bummer when it comes to the bonuses, but I can see why they're doing it. However ... if bonus requirements weren't so insanely high AND if you actually received credit properly, maybe we wouldn't have to resort to all the $5 Walmart gift card fillers. 🤪