cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Walmart New Self Checkouts Affecting Gift Card Payments

Dean

I preferred printing gift cards for Walmart when cashing out Ibotta earnings but discovered recently that’s no longer an option. I tried to load a GC to Walmart Pay and pay with it at SCO but couldn’t get the GC to show as the primary payment choice. I brought up the GC in the Ibotta app and couldn’t get the hand scanner to read it, so I called the attendant for help and she was able to scan it after waving the scanner around my small phone for a while. I’ll admit that I have never used Walmart Pay before and probably won’t again. I wish it was as easy to use as Target Wallet in loading GCs and switching payment methods. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@mmoore01

There was a software update at some point. I can recall once or twice where the QR code on the large checkout touch screen gave an error. But then I went an scanned the QR Code of the credit card terminal's screen and the payment went through.

I have not seen that occur recently.

@Dean

Once you scan the QR Code, you will then need to select change payment on the app, and check the giftcards and if you want those to be deducted from first.

0 Likes

Dean

@Saipan 

I used to forget I had the printed GC in my shirt pocket and now I’m supposed to remember all this? 🤨

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@Dean

Just for first use.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

For all my gift cards, I take a screenshot of it, just in case there is no wifi or cell service.

Once it is in my screenshot folder, I can enlarge the barcode of the gift card, if needed.  Some gift cards generate very small bar codes and scanning it is almost impossible.

Once I use up the gift card, I delete the screenshot from my phone.

0 Likes

Vegasbelle
Rewards Hunter

I’m not sure I’m right but I needed the paper receipt at self checkout and the people worthwhile area were able to print it. 

0 Likes

LizH4011
Core Shopper

Thanks to everyone for your replies! I tried it again yesterday and simply scanned the gift cards with the handheld scanner as usual when it was time to pay. It worked perfectly well. Not sure what I did the first time. I might have just freaked out that the computer system looked different. Lol

0 Likes