cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What!? Additional comments resets your Help Ticket?

Dean

So I read this comment from JudeJ and it surprised me.

"Our Team strives to respond to tickets within 48 hours, but wait time can vary depending on the number of inquiries they are receiving.

It may also be helpful to note that when you make additional comments to your Help Ticket, your ticket returns to the bottom of the queue. Someone will be in touch soon!"

That just seems wrong. From personal experience working in IT support, adding additional information to an open ticket didn't bump it back to the end of the line. In fact, actively responding to an open ticket showed that the person was engaged, and additional information helped to resolve the issue faster. This comment also makes me wonder about whether the 48 hour response time is reset when the ticket is moved back to the bottom of the queue, and if support comments reset the ticket. Either way, I can see now how this practice would result in large numbers of dissatisfied customers.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
12 Replies

Re: What!? Additional comments resets your Help Ticket?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

Yep I noticed that too.   Really surprised me/

Sort of makes sense now that people submit new tickets, especially in the middle of the night when you sometimes get turnaround in an hour or two.

As an IT professional for over 35 years, I am embarrassed by how this is handled.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@Dean 

I just added to my ticket to clarify in case my original wording was hard to follow with new support (emails/screenshot/etc).  Basically didn't get credit for offer because they claim it was a duplicate and submitted already?  I thought we were supposed to resubmit receipts when they can't find the offer/missing.  I think there was a gitch on my original submission that cause my lock from the non payment suave offer.  It seems tickets generally get resolved quickly except this one.  So not sure if it was ignored due to multiple inquiry on the ticket.

Side question.  If we have a lock account are we suppose to ask in another ticket to get the process started.  I realized I asked in the grocery receipt and tack on the question but now not sure if they are not looking as my inquiry because I asked about the lock in addition to the missing credit.   And the review unlock team dont look at the inquiry since it's under grocery receipt tickets.  Any advice appreciated.  Should I go ahead and put in ticket about the need for unlock or should I wait until the credit me this missing offer first.  I really want to cash out by year end so I have a round number going in the new year.  

I would think more responses mean we actually giving more proof/support they need so they don't have to dig for the info to much and just need to verify.

0 Likes

Dean

@dramaspoiler 

I suggest opening a new ticket for the locked account. I don’t know if Ibotta has different teams for different problems but separate tickets allows you to be more specific about each problem. 

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@Dean 

Thanks I took your suggestion and opened a official ticket correctly to request the unlock and attached support I can think of that will help the review if they checking.  I did not get a response but when I went to check on my support ticket it was closed.  Now I have no clue what I should do considering I am still locked.

I only now have the outstanding ticket I submitted on Monday 12/20 asking them to credit me $2 for an offer they couldn't find.  I after no rebate found resubmitted the offer since I never got the money which might have been the trigger for the lock with my high volume submissions that day.  I didn't know this is not allowed since I'm under impression that we can resubmit receipt/offers that we never got payment for based on what others are doing.  That is only way to get offer count credit and $ credit.

I'm not even sure if I should put in another ticket again or respond to my closed ticket requesting unlock again or wait till who knows when they will resolve my first outstanding ticket.  Hopefully they are reviewing my account and not ignoring/skipping my ticket.

There are so many offers I want to purchase but I'm taking lots of risk when I buy them now if I will never be able to withdraw the cash back.   I'm not sure by me completing more offers will that mean they are more likely to not unlock my account due to having higher cash balance?

Happy holidays by the way and thanks.

0 Likes

Dean

Closing a ticket without an explanation, whether the problem was resolved or not, is unacceptable. Are you certain that there was no comment when the ticket was closed? If the problem was not resolved, I would reopen it and explain that the problem was not resolved. Your other ticket is for a different problem and I would leave it as such. If you think it's the cause of the lockout, then reference it when reopening the ticket.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

They literally close tickets all the time without response. It seems very common with folks who are locked.  Every day I see several.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

I'm not trying to stir up controversy here, but not long ago I communicated with @LaraL  directly about a ticket I had in progress. 

I mentioned my hesitancy to add a new comment to my ticket  for fear that that it would return to the back of the queue.  What i understood her to say is that (at least at that point in time), only new tickets go to the back of the line, but that all ip tickets keep their position when savers add new info to them.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Ibotta-Addict 

No controversy at all.  We all need to know the truth.  This was also my understanding.  It doesn't really matter if we misunderstood or if we were given bad Information.

You shouldn't try to have it both ways, saying quit opening multiple tickets, but then also say updating existing tickets sets you back to the end of the queue.  I am hoping Jude is mistaken.

0 Likes

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta @Dean 

So they finally responded the day before Christmas about my account unlock although they never credited my $2 for the missing offer on my first ticket citing receipt was altered (I had to fold the receipt when I left the store).  At this point I'm going to wait a few more days before I try cashing out.  I should just be grateful they unlock my account and eat the loss on the item they didn't credit me.  It's not like I can even return the item and honestly who knows if they will reverse a credit I never even got if I was even allowed to return the item.

0 Likes