cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to "Can't find this item "

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

Am I the only one who clicked on this to let Ibotta and hopefully Ibotta would tell the retailer someone was looking for a they were supposed to have?  I thought it was a way to speed up getting especially FAOs in stock in more places. Tried to use it today and it was gone. 

14 Replies

Re: What happened to "Can't find this item "

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

I didn't see it either when I went looking for it last week. I just talked to the manager of the store about an item I was looking for instead. Surprise, surprise.....I went back to the store yesterday and they had the item in stock. I was one happy shopper. There weren't many in stock but that's because I was right and people were buying the product. The manager actually saw me and pulled my aside to tell me that my idea was good and they will now be ordering the suggested product regularly. He even gave me the product for free this time in gratitude. What was the item? Follow Your Heart cheddar cheese shreds. I have been looking for them for months in all my local stores but all I could find was the mozzarella ones. I am so glad that I was able to find them as that's the last item I needed to complete my Snowflake bonus. 

I did mention Ibotta to the manager as well and showed him the items that Ibotta has offers for in his store and then showed him Walmart offers as a comparison. He seemed very interested in the difference and I told him he probably has many Ibotta users that shop in his store and he would probably get more if they stocked some of the products that Ibotta offers that they don't. I told him too that if his store contacted Ibotta about adding a product for an offer and Ibotta agreed, then he might see more customers and make more money in the long run. He seemed very interested about this and said he was going to talk to his boss. He also wrote down several items that are offered through Ibotta for his store that they don't sell. Fingers crossed that I may see them in a few weeks.

I think talking to the manager was more effective than pushing the "I can't find this button" and I think I will do it more often when shopping as I only find 25 percent of the offers in my local stores. It's worth the 5 minutes of my time explaining it to a manager. But, yeah I understand the frustration of not being able to find what was easy to find before.

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

@Marethundsabre 

Thanks for the idea. I only shop at the huge chain supermarkets and didn't think I could even find a manager much less find one with any real power to bring in a new product. The last time I spoke to a manager it was about a free item that was on the store's app that wasn't in the store.  He blew me off saying it was a district decision...  Guess I should keep trying. 

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

@TXbelle 

Wow! How incredibly rude and insensitive. They could have listened to you and said they would pass your concerns to the right people. The store I went to and talked to the manager was Weis. They are a Pennsylvania only chain and I find them to be much more friendly and caring towards their  customers. I am sorry that you dismissed and disrespected like that. There is never an excuse to treat someone like that. Hopefully you will have a better conversation next time with a manager.

123Save
Skilled Saver

@TXbelle I mentioned to @LaraL weeks ago that there was a problem with the feature. When I tried selecting a specific retailer using their red pin on the map, nothing would happen. I could only click submit and I assumed a generic message was sent to Ibotta without any location info.

Now that the feature has been removed from the app, it appears the functionality is gone. When it worked correctly, I used it quite often. Hopefully Lara can enlighten us on whether or not it’ll be used again. Maybe “supply chain issues” was the excuse to have it pulled. 

0 Likes

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

@Marethundsabre 

I live in a north Texas suburbs. There are 6+ Walmarts,  6 Albertsons owned stores, 4 Targets, and 5 Krogers close enough for me to shop at, some being "neighborhood" type and some being the superhumongous type. If one doesn't have something another might but some things never show up! 

I am going to keep trying because some of these "free" items have become a staple for my family. 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Marethundsabre  Good idea, however WM has stocking problems, much of their products are on  freighter or on loading docks In my gallery was Gaea olive oil a very new product, not cheap either, however it is a quality product, so I was surprised & excited to purchase.When I scanned the upc label , all bottles were outdated 4 months. I couldn’t find manager , so I got a stocker, who pulled off shelf 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@TXbelle 

I was an avid can't find this item button user.  I can't find the post I wrote to reference.  In that post I wrote what does Ibotta do with that information? I seem like nothing because there are items listed in the retailer's gallery that are not found on their website or stocked in stores.  I think all app users provide viable feedback to Ibotta, What is done with that information? Ummm?

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

Sebsa
Deal Sharer

@TXbelle 

Thanks for posting about this issue. I used the "can't find this item" feature all the time too. Although as others have mentioned, it never seemed to do any good. 

Blake's Seeds Bar (which I really want to try!), Tazo Teas, Bai Strawberry, Peet's Coffees, and a herd of other FAO/BOGO unicorns are never at my Kroger stores. Le Sigh. 

I felt like I was being a responsible iBotta member letting iBotta know those products aren't carried at a particular store...in the name of Marketing Research. 🙂

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I just asked someone from the Product team about why it was removed. I don't recall hearing anything internally about why this was done but I'll update this thread once I find out.

0 Likes