cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What's everyone's favorite Thanksgiving freebie?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Marethundsabre 

I'm somewhat Irish, so you had me at somewhat-potatoes.

Fake potatoes are better than almost anything real.

I also am with @OBSHOP .  I can't wait to try the honey jiffy mix.

But I also love using the fried onions in meatloaf or eating them as snacks.....lol.  

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

cjwoody
Super Saver

@jlhersback @Rickibotta  I need ALL of the information on this revolutionary (to me) French-fried-onion-in-meatloaf situation.  Does it effectively replace the oats/breadcrumb/panko/etc. component of the recipe?  Or is it a combo of those dry ingredients?  Or is it a flavor bomb that just gets tossed in as an added bonus???  Do ya sprinkle any on top for crunch????

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@cjwoody 

I am a 'whatever floats your boat' sort of cook, so I could see adding to the top towards the end of cooking if you add other condiments for flavor.

But I started using it in the main mixture along with stuffing a while back.  I do it sometimes. 

I like to have different types of meatloaves;  sometimes with cheese, sometimes with cheese and ham in the middle, 

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Rickibotta  Can’t wait to try!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@cjwoody 

That is the great thing about meatloaf.    The most important thing is to use things you love and it almost cant go wrong.

I always use red peppers.   And I always use ketchup, mustard, hot sauce.  And grated parmesan cheese for a few minutes.

Sometimes I use half ground beef and half  hot Italian sausage.

Sometimes 'I use corn chips instead of breadcrumbs or pank

Sometimes I use eggs and sometimes I just don't.

I never use tomato paste.  To me it tastes cheap like what you find at a buffet.  But that is just me.

The spices even vary from time to time.......lol.   So it is always a game-time decision for me.

0 Likes

Marj
Deal Sharer

Happy with all! Can't ever have enough Thanksgiving!🦃

0 Likes