cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why do people avoid sale items?

SaverGirl67

@Tikiki   Yes. I do the bins for a lot of my items. I am located in FL. I know what you mean about the inventory taking over. Lol. But luckily with the house I have extra room.

Everything ground to a halt during the shutdowns with everyone loosing their jobs or just feeling insecure but things are coming back now. Unfortunately I’ve gotten out of the habit of working on it daily and feel I need to push myself to really start it all up again. But it’s definitely been a worthwhile use of my time the last few years. I hope it will be again soon. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I see the same thing with short dated cuts of meat.  I think it comes down to people don't think it's fresh. In all likelihood, it's the same meat that was sitting there 5 minutes before they slapped on a sticker making it 1/2 price. Is it that you are embarrassed to want (or need) to save money?   I think it's more of a stigma that you can't afford something. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

I just 'steer' 😀 clear from the brownish ground beef.   I know it doesn't always mean it is turning or has already, sometimes it just means it has been exposed to oxygen.   But when short-dated, I find all too often that is does not smell pleasant either.  I feast on short dated meats when I am lucky enough to find good deals.

I found 3-lb round steak packages for $5 a few weeks ago, and I often find the 99¢/ lb ground beef packages.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

I buy jigsaw puzzles & books and odd kitchen items at the goodwill.