Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Avail cashback from Target

Bharti
Shopper

Hi !! 

Am completely new to Ibotta and sorry if this is a v v basic question.. am trying to understand how to redeem cashback from Target purchases and read somewhere that i need to link my Target account with Ibotta. I did try doing that but it keeps failing.  

Is it mandatory that i need to link account? Or i can just enter that TC code of my receipt of Target in Ibotta to avail the cashbacks?

Sorry if this is q naive question.. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cant wait to get going with this wonderful app!! 

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Avail cashback from Target

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Bharti 

No, you do NOT need to link your account, and many heavy ibotta users, myself included, suggest you do not do so unless you absolutely must for your own personal shopping needs.

You  should add the ibotta offers you plan on redeeming.  Then you merely purchase the items and submit the receipt.

Target does not have a TC#;  that is WM terminology.   You can scan the TC# from WM instead of scanning the whole receipt.  At Target, you will take a picture of the whole receipt for submission.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Bharti 

You have to be linked.   

You must add offers before you shop.

Then you do not need to submit the receipt.  Money will be automatically credited within 24 to 48 hours.  It may be earlier than that.  Someone who is linked can correct me, if required.  Unlinked, I always scan my receipt and submit before leaving the store, and the money is always in my account prior to getting to my car..

(Regardless what store, it seems an inordinate amount of issues are encountered with linked accounts, so I personally just never do it.  I am more cheap than lazy.  If you have ambulatory issues or real time constraints that can't be alleviated, those are the only situations I would feel compelled to begrudgingly link an account)

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

@Bharti 

All I can recommend is verifying that you are entering the correct email address and Password for your Target account.  This is NOT your Target Credit/Debit Card account, unless you have both set up with the same email address and password.  It should be the one you use with Target Circle or Target Online purchases.

Other than that, you will have to contact Ibotta Care.  And yes, you can Link and Unlink your accounts, if you would rather scan your receipts for in-store purchases

7 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Bharti 

No, you do NOT need to link your account, and many heavy ibotta users, myself included, suggest you do not do so unless you absolutely must for your own personal shopping needs.

You  should add the ibotta offers you plan on redeeming.  Then you merely purchase the items and submit the receipt.

Target does not have a TC#;  that is WM terminology.   You can scan the TC# from WM instead of scanning the whole receipt.  At Target, you will take a picture of the whole receipt for submission.

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Bharti 

Welcome to the community and to ibotta.   

Below are a few suggestions that may be of some use to you.

Check out the threads in each of the subfolders in the LEARN IBOTTA folder.  There is a lot of information in there that may answer some questions you may have.  They likely will give you many more questions, so feel free to reach out to the community for answers to those questions as they pop up.

Here is a post that has a bunch of do's and don'ts that also may be of interest.

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/newbie-knowledge-wanted-please/m-p/8574

You will find most 'deals' that are posted by others are in one of two DEALS subfolders:

DEALS >>>  DEALS FORUM    <and>

DEALS>>>  DEAL STACKING 

Solved! Go to solution

Bharti
Shopper

Thanks @Rickibotta !! This helps a lot..

What happens wen i make an online purchase in Target? How do i submit the receipt then??

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Bharti 

You have to be linked.   

You must add offers before you shop.

Then you do not need to submit the receipt.  Money will be automatically credited within 24 to 48 hours.  It may be earlier than that.  Someone who is linked can correct me, if required.  Unlinked, I always scan my receipt and submit before leaving the store, and the money is always in my account prior to getting to my car..

(Regardless what store, it seems an inordinate amount of issues are encountered with linked accounts, so I personally just never do it.  I am more cheap than lazy.  If you have ambulatory issues or real time constraints that can't be alleviated, those are the only situations I would feel compelled to begrudgingly link an account)

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

I agree with @Rickibotta about linking.

The only time I will link my Ibotta account with Target is when there is an offer I want and it is ONLY available with Target Online shopping.  As was said, you must link your accounts if you shop online.

Solved! Go to solution

Bharti
Shopper

Thanks @mmoore01 for the recommendation.  Does it mean i can link and delink account as and wen needed?

Also, i have tried linking my Target account several times but it keeps failing.  Any idea what could be the reason? I did raise a technical issue wit support team sometime back.

Attached is the error i keep facing. Any suggestion would be extremely helpful 🙂 

Thanks..

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

@Bharti 

All I can recommend is verifying that you are entering the correct email address and Password for your Target account.  This is NOT your Target Credit/Debit Card account, unless you have both set up with the same email address and password.  It should be the one you use with Target Circle or Target Online purchases.

Other than that, you will have to contact Ibotta Care.  And yes, you can Link and Unlink your accounts, if you would rather scan your receipts for in-store purchases