cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain to me how this app works?

Terry789
Rewards Hunter

I am knew to this site can someone explain to me how this works on my cell and to use when I am at a store shopping please?

0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Can someone explain to me how this app works?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

If you haven't already done so, look through the posts in the LEARN IBOTTA subfolders.

Also, here is a post that has a bunch of do's and don'ts:

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/newbie-knowledge-wanted-please/m-p/8574

It can be a lot to take in all at once, but take it one step at a time.  And there are many people out here willing to help answer questions.  Just ask away along the way.

(Once you have gone thru all the above, please ask a more direct question.   The one you asked is way too vague)

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

if you haven't already done so, get in the habit of rummaging INTENTIONALLY through your Ibotta app. That's the FIRST BASIC KEY: you miss every deal you don't look at then don't evaluate; will comment more as I go along

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

the key to making the most money you can AND having maximum fun doing so is completing as many deals as possible. isn't it a heck of a lot easier to complete 25+ deals a month where you might get a quarter back for a yogurt or candy bar than that many Best Buy electronics deals awarding a flat $10 cash back or a flat $1 cash bach spending $1000+ booking w/Expedia? Just complete as many deals as possible that you think are fair & square, but only you can determine that if you rummage Ibotta intently

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver
0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@Terry789   Welcome to the boards!  If you use the 3 bars in the upper left corner to access the drop down menu you’ll find “learn Ibotta”. There are sub folders inside - one specifically on how to use the app. 

Hope you have fun - save money - and enjoy the ride!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Terry789 

The hamburger menu is only if you are in the community in your mobile device.  On a computer web browser, they are merely at the top of the screen.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I'm just assuming you rarely if ever went into your Ibotta app

Screenshot_20211219-004325.png

the white circle with a '+' sign, as in the Cracker Barrel deal, means you're not interested. If you click the white circle it becomes a jade? green circle with a '✓' mark, you claimed the deal. While claiming a deal never obligates you to complete it, you should set a goal to complete it within the next 3-4 days. The more deals you complete, the more money you make

let's say you go to Kroger (I don't know where you live) and you buy 1 bag of Werther's popcorn ($1 cash back) and 2 bags of Tate's cookies (75¢ apiece). once you complete the purchase scan the receipt from Ibotta, preferably while still in the store. you may have to scan one or both barcodes, then submit at prompt. your total cash back ($2.50) should come anywhere from instantly to 2-3 days. if you hit delays & you're anxious you have to contact Ibotta care but feel free to vent about it in this community. if this is the first day of the month and you complete these same 2 deals every other day this month like rinse and repeat you'd have almost $45 by end of month.  however if you rummage intently through your Ibotta app daily, the last suggestion would be unnecessary because you ought to find at least 10 deals a day you should be eager to complete the next 2-3 days

0 Likes