cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earnings

Willow3
Rewards Hunter

How much can you really earn buy doing this? I'm new with this so I'm just wondering how all this works. 

0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Earnings

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Have you ever even once INTENTLY RUMMAGED through your Ibotta app? Nothing follows without that, and as frequently as possible 

You do that at least once, and hopefully for your sake it will be the first of countless times and you might find yourself saying 'Wow, I can earn a quarter for a candy bar that costs (depending on where you shop) 88¢-$1.10, with a maximum allowable 5 units per transaction and thus a maximum cash back of $1.25?' 

All the cash back you earn goes into what I would call your cyber fund, but if you use debit and/or credit cards you're already dealing with a cyber fund, and you might notice in this era of Wuhan virus hysteria and paranoia many retailers are not taking cash 

Bottom line: the more offers/deals you complete in Ibotta (and for that matter any other cash back app) the more money you make and the more fun you have, but that only follows with regular INTENTIONAL RUMMAGING through your Ibotta app

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Now let's down to brass tacks. Since I don't know you from Eve let's assume you have yet to even open your Ibotta app - these screenshots are of typical Ibotta pages, regardless of retailer. You might notice some offers have turquoise circles with white check marks and others with circles surrounding + signs, the latter means you're not claiming the deal, but if you want the deal you click the circle with the plus sign then it turns turquoise with a white check mark

Screenshot_20211022-012725.png

Screenshot_20211022-012650.png

Screenshot_20211022-012533.png

Once you claim a deal you want to try to complete it ASAP because Ibotta can yank it with little or no notice 

Now let's say you want to redeem the deal you claimed for So Delicious cream cheese. BTW it's only eligible at Walmart but you get the entire pre-tax amount cash ($4.66) once you scan your WALMART receipt with the purchase of So Delicious

Marethundsabre
Core Shopper

It really depends on what offers you redeem. The more offers you redeem, the more you will earn back. If you complete special bonuses, you earn more. For instance, I bought one Quaker box oatmeal per shopping trip until I had redeemed 3 of them. Once I redeemed 3 of them, I earned an extra $1.00 because I met the qualifications for the Quaker bonus. Each bonus has a list of what qualifies and how many you need to buy. However, only buy one per trip. I also have redeemed a few bigger bonuses. The one I am working on now is redeem 90 offers for $30. It is a bonus that lasts one month. Some bonuses last a few days as they are a mid week or weekend only. Even if you don't earn a lot back, it does add up. Saving a little is better than getting nothing back. I would give it a try. Save up until you can redeem your earnings. You just might fall in love like so many of us have using Ibotta. Welcome to the community. If you have any questions, just reach out. Our administrator Lara is great and quick to respond. The community here care about each other and take time to educate those who want to learn. I hope you enjoy using Ibotta.

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Welcome to the Ibotta Community.

You only get out of it what you put in.

I usually get back between $200-$250 a month.  My Lifetime Earnings is currently at just below $9000

If you try to save money by buying store brands, you won't get much from Ibotta.  Ibotta is an advertising company and you will see a lot of new brands and items.  If you like to try new products, you will do well with Ibotta.

Smaller local grocery chains don't have as many offers as Walmart and Target.  I shop mostly at Walmart, so my earnings might not be what you will get if you don't shop Walmart.

Follow the posts here in the Ibotta Community for the best offers in Ibotta and other savings apps.

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

Hello @Willow3 and welcome to the boards. I would recommend you start with the “new to Ibotta” menu - click the 3 bars in the top left of your screen. You’ll find a lot of really helpful information and it’ll probably answer questions you didn’t even know you had. 

It’s not complicated or hard to save money with Ibotta. Just make sure you read the offers (if it says buy 2 you need to buy 2) and don’t beat yourself up if every offer you try doesn’t work out. We all make mistakes but there’s always new offers to chase. 
Happy Shopping 🛒 

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Marethundsabre  is your 90/$30 for Jack O'Lantern? 

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@mmoore01 it's EXTREMELY RARE to get cash back offers from Ibotta or any other app for in-store brand items. 

this past February I had offers that I redeemed for Kroger Carbmaster dairy products that accrued into that brand bonus and none such offers since 

also in the last month or two I got the dime cash back Any Bottled Water bonus with a single bottle of Publix water at least 4Xs.  Sure, it's only a dime but they count the same towards whatever bonus you might be chasing as does an online offer for Expedia or Hotels.com or a $10 flat cash back for any purchase from Best Buy

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Core Shopper

RCKCreatEnt,

Yes, my jack-o'-lantern bonus is the 90 offers for $30. I have it almost complete too. If the items I bought from Weis go through today, then jack-o'-lantern bonus will be earned. Weis is loyalty only card so it usually takes at least 24-48 hours for the offers to be redeemed in my account. Once my bonus is complete, I think I will take a short break from shopping for groceries. I am hoping next month that I will get the normal bonuses. For me, I really had to struggle and scramble to meet 90 offers in one month. I prefer the regular bonuses and the smaller bonuses like 30/$10 that I got last month.

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Marethundsabre my Jack O'Lantern is 140/$45, I think I have 42 more offers to go

0 Likes