cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everybody

Thesons1230
Shopper

Hello everyone I am new to ibotta community and downloaded the app. I am new to this app and was wanting to reach out and see if anyone might want to share tips and tricks to doing this. Interested in learning how to get deals and everything there is to know about how to use this app. Also never done any couponing before and wanting to see if anyone would be willing to teach me how to ever begin to coupon and how I can use this app to get the maximum rewards that I can find on here. Thank you in advance just new to all this and any helpful hints would be much appreciated. 

8 Replies

Re: Hello everybody

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Thesons1230 

Welcome to ibotta, you are definitely in the right place to find great savings.  

Check the forum often many of members post thier deals @Tikiki @FelskyNY @Icequeen813 @Janet1964 often post great deals.  Take a few minutes to read to see what everyone's talking about and checkout Do you speak Ibotta?

Start slow make small purchases to get a feel for app and the various options you can use to save on many of the products you are already buying and some new products and brands you might have seen in your grocery store.

Any time you have any questions you can reach out to any of the Knowledgeable app users and if needed you can always reach out to our community manager @LaraL I'm confident she will get you squared away.

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@Thesons1230  WELCOME! 

Yes to everything  @OBSHOP said!

I just started with Ibotta on June 17, 2021 and have already received over $1,000 in cash back! 

Start slow to gain confidence in using the app. Check this community and in the app frequently to score the best deals. The more willing you are to try new/different brands the more you can earn in cash back. The FAOs (Free After Offer) are freebies can help you earn more.

Many of us purchase a Sunday paper or print coupons from couponing sites. I buy my Sunday paper for a dollar on Mondays at Dollar Tree. 

Once you have more than $20 in your Ibotta account you can cash out to PayPal, your bank account or you can use your earnings to buy gift cards (often at a discount). 
Each of us does what we prefer. I have a couple of self-funding accounts that I roll my earnings into so I can shop some more. Wash, rinse, repeat! Ask questions and search in this community to learn more.
Happy Ibotta-ing! 

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

@Thesons1230  Welcome! You picked a great app to save real cash. This community sends out early alerts to special deals, whether it's for an FAO or a great stack of savings (adding a coupon with a sale and an Ibotta rebate). 

Everything said already is perfect info. The only thing I would add is to download any of your grocery store apps to give you access to that store's digital coupons (DQs). I don't know what part of the country you're in but I'm in north Texas and go to Albertsons, Kroger, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Walgreens, CVS,and Target so have their apps. I also shop at Walmart but it doesn't have DQs on its app but can help you see if it has certain products and where to find them in the store.

Finally, I have not linked stores to Ibotta, except for Sprouts (which I don't know how I did that but it's always worked). And I have never done any online ordering for store pickup or delivery so don't know anything about how that works. What I do know is Ibotta has been a fun way to make some serious cash back.

Jodi-lozier
Saver

Welcome to the family!   I personally find a lot of my deals by watching YouTube videos. AmyWaytoSave, Sisters saving you cents, Ohio Valley Couponer are some of my favorites. I have just started checking in on this community more regularly and do find deals here I would have missed otherwise. Thank you guys!!  My biggest tip: scan barcodes in store to be sure the product you are putting in the cart matches the offer you are wanting to redeem. Second biggest tip: if you miss a deal they always seem to come around again in a few months and there is always another great deal around the corner. Last tip of many: make sure what you are buying is something you have a use for or will give away. Buying an item that goes bad in your fridge (yes I’m thinking about you break stone cottage cheese) just to get the bonus isn’t saving money.  Don’t be afraid to ask questions. People in the couponing community are super supportive and willing to help. 

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Thesons1230 

Welcome! First, learn the jargon. I always look for the freebies (FAO)or money makers (MM) first. Then look for the lowest out of pocket (OOP) by stacking apps with coupons.

I.e.  Cover Girl makeup is 5.94 at Walmart. Use a printable coupon from coupons.com for $3 and there is a $2 rebate on Ibotta = so you will pay 2.94 at Walmart and scan your receipt for $2 back from Ibotta = .94 out of pocket (OOP) for a $6 item. You are responsible for sales tax, of course.

you can also stack coupons and Ibotta with other apps like Fetch, Shopkick, checkout51, swagbucks, etc.

i.e. I purchased U by Kotex pads 32 ct for 5.47 at Walmart. I used a $1 coupon from newspaper - $2 Ibotta and got 125 kicks (.50) from Shopkick making my oop only 1.97. I also got a few points from Fetch (which I save up to redeem for Kroger gift cards) - 5000 points gets you a $5 gift card.

as everyone else suggested, start slow and get comfortable with the Ibotta app and start adding other apps to see your savings soar. I started the last week of September 2020, and I am $48 away from saving $3,000 just with Ibotta. I am hoping to complete my goal by Thursday night.

I have been tracking my use of coupons and rebate apps since May 2021 and I easily save 65% off my total purchases. In August, it was 78% and I had COVID pneumonia and didn’t shop for 2 full weeks. I only shop in store, so I can’t help you with Pickup/Deivery or online And I have never purchased gift cards, so can’t help you there. But if you have questions about stacking coupons with store apps and Ibotta, I’m here to help.

Good luck 

Thesons1230
Shopper

Thank you

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Thesons1230 

Here is a post that has a bunch of do's and don'ts:

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/newbie-knowledge-wanted-please/m-p/8574

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Thesons1230
Shopper

Thank u so much for ur help I really appreciate it so much.

0 Likes