cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Kjean0911
Rewards Hunter

Hello all! So I am new to this, and I guess I'm just having trouble understanding, when I cash out, does the money go on my PayPal or my card, or a gift card If someone can give me a like run down that would be great, I'm having a moment and just not understanding I guess. Thank you!!

10 Replies

Re: Help

PT00
Core Shopper

You can transfer to PayPal or your bank account. You can also cash out to gift cards. They all work!

mmoore01
Deal Master

@Kjean0911

FYI...

If you BUY a gift card from the Home page in the Ibotta app, you can earn a percentage back AND the purchase counts towards bonuses. WITHDRAWING to a gift card does not.

Shopper

I’ve been using Ibotta for years and never realized that until joining this group a few days ago. So thanks to you and everyone who truly shares here!

Gabriela1
Shopper

Hi, I am new to Ibotta too, what does that mean: withdrawing to a gift card?

Could you give an example?

Shopper

So when you want to get a gift card with your Ibotta earnings there are 2 ways you can do it. You can tap on “your earnings” and apply earnings to a gift card. Or, from the home page, you can scroll down to gift cards and purchase there with your Ibotta earnings. This is a better way to go because it earns you a percentage back and counts as an offer towards bonuses. Both methods generate e-cards.

Gabriela1
Shopper

@57

Thanks for the explanation. I will keep that in mind. So what I am understanding is that I would usually want to use the second option. The only time I can think that I would use the first option is when I want to give the gift card to someone else?

0 Likes

Shopper

No, actually always use the second option for gift cards. It gives you the opportunity to select sending the card to someone else so very easy to navigate. The only reason I could see using option one/withdraw is if you want to send to your bank instead of getting a gift card

mmoore01
Deal Master

I believe there are a few gift cards under Withdraw that isn't available under buying a gift card and vise versa.

0 Likes

Nlareau
Rewards Hunter

I'm new too but I believe it goes on your pay pal account

0 Likes