cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Everyone,

Terry789
Rewards Hunter

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Ibotta have heard about it, but do not know how to use it or how it works? Does anyone have any suggestions and every time I open my App it shows the stores to click but nothing?

I hit Walmart I was there yesterday and it will not scan my receipt? is there something I am supposed to hit when I am trying to scan it I set it right on top of the barcode nothing happens?

I live in NM, am only 10 minutes away from El Paso so I shop both mainly El Paso, TX.

Thanks Terry

3 Replies

Re: Hi Everyone,

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Terry789  Welcome to the community!🌸🌸🌸

That is odd that you don’t see any offers when you click the store icon. Is it possible that you haven’t updated your ibotta app and/or cleared your cache in a while? If you could take a screenshot and post it with your reply, that may be helpful. 
Below screenshot is what I see in my app after clicking on the Target (in-store) icon. Hope you can get this resolved soon!

B26DC417-5E61-4F85-904D-746FFAF5EE86.jpeg

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Think of Ibotta as a database of rebates.  You must select the items you want to buy in the Ibotta app for the store you plan to shop.  Rebates can be different at different retailers.

Once you have selected all the offers you might be interested in, you can go to that store and buy the items.  I like to scan the UPC in the app to make sure it qualifies and verify it is selected.

When you have completed your purchase, select Redeem and the store you shopped.  Most stores you can submit your receipt.  There are some stores that only allow you to link Ibotta to your Loyalty Card.

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

@Terry789 

I just re-read your post.

If you are trying to scan the barcode at the bottom of the receipt, I have had issues that it won't do anything except beep.

At the bottom of that screen, you can press 'Enter TC#' and a screen will come up to allow you to enter the TC# for your receipt. 

For Walmart, the app should return your earnings almost immediately to your account.