Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

High Learning Curve Frustration

Enrico-Suave
Rewards Hunter

Hi, 

I'm frustrated after searching for something as simple as linking accounts.  It is not showing up anywhere when I look on the retailer site after checking out many retailers.  Does anyone know where to start when linking accounts?  I have my WM acct linked but I have no idea how I did it.  I tried to link Target, Sams, and others while the link acct option is no where to be found.  This should be front and center, but seems to be hidden somewhere. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Best, Hank

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: High Learning Curve Frustration

123Save
Deal Ambassador

@Enrico-Suave 

Linking is pretty much front and center on the individual retailer page. If you don’t see a link option, it’s not offered. Target linking has been offline since June with no ETA when it’ll return.

Due to all of the missed offers etc, most community members (myself included) don’t link and prefer to simply submit the receipt before leaving the store.

0E3C3519-D415-41AE-8E1D-E8F50960FAF1.jpeg

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

123Save
Deal Ambassador

@Enrico-Suave 

Linking is pretty much front and center on the individual retailer page. If you don’t see a link option, it’s not offered. Target linking has been offline since June with no ETA when it’ll return.

Due to all of the missed offers etc, most community members (myself included) don’t link and prefer to simply submit the receipt before leaving the store.

0E3C3519-D415-41AE-8E1D-E8F50960FAF1.jpeg

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Enrico-Suave 

I also do not currently see any way to link an account right now.

Linking tends to have more issues than scanning receipts, so make sure that is what you really want to do.  I scan my receipt while still in store, and I am almost always paid before I reach my car.  You don't get that quick a turnaround when linked, and you have less flexibility for resubmitting receipts.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

One additional comment:

Some grocery stores REQUIRE you to link to work with Ibotta.  One example is Food Lion.  Another is Hannaford.

While in the Ibotta app, go to each store that you shop and pull up the store page.  It should tell you at the top if linking is required, linking is optional or linking is not possible.  Under most cases, if you link your Ibotta account with a retailer, you can't submit a receipt, unless you unlink your account.

If you decide to unlink a store from Ibotta, go to Account, then Settings.  You should see Linked Accounts.  Press Disconnect for the store you want to unlink.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Enrico-Suave
Rewards Hunter

Thank you so much - this really cleared things up for me.  I was going nuts looking for a linked option.  Other than WM, I will simply scan the receipts.  The WM linking has worked for me.  

Much appreciated.  

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Enrico-Suave
Rewards Hunter

Thank you - this also cleared things up.  Much appreciated. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Enrico-Suave
Rewards Hunter

Thank you - this also cleared things up.  Thanks for the additional details. Much appreciated. 

0 Likes