0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: I am new

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mommyalways3 

First of all, welcome to the community.

Are you also new to ibotta? 

Where do you typically shop for groceries and such?

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

Hi New! I’m Dad! Lol!! My advice would be to stack ibotta with other apps and coupons when possible, and have a set amount of money to get you going, like say $20. Now I do pretty good with ibotta, but I’ve had to learn some things the hard way, and it can get expensive, lol. A couple things that help me is buying gift cards with my earnings (I do Walmart and Panera a lot) and using shop kick. A lot of times you will have the same offer on ibotta and shopkick; also, shopkick allows you to get small gift cards by scanning items, which reduces your out of pocket.  Also, pay attention to clearance patterns and check those products often.

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

Also, screen shot offers! If you have to put in a ticket, that is one thing that they often ask for, is a screen shot of the offer. Especially if an item is going fast or May expire soon. 

0 Likes

Nique
Deal Ambassador

Welcome @mommyalways3! Ibotta is fun to use. I am grateful for my friend who showed me how it works.

Have you checked out the "How to use Ibotta" section of the app? You get to it from the "Account" tab along the bottom. The two tips below are from that section and are very useful.

Before you start adding offers, search the stores you shop. You can add them as favorites, but also those you view most will appear on your home page. You will get many popups about linking. For most stores you have a choice whether to link or submit paper receipts. Many of us prefer submitting receipts since it's faster to get the rebates. Also when scanning items or looking for offers, it's best to select the store where you're shopping first so you know the offer is valid at that store because some offers are only for certain stores.

Once you reach $20 in earnings, wait at least 48 hours before cashing out.

Screenshot_20211127-232311_Ibotta.jpg

Screenshot_20211127-232331_Ibotta.jpg

0 Likes

Re: I am ne

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

if you haven't done so already, get in the habit of INTENTLY RUMMAGING through your Ibotta app, daily and at least twice a day. You miss every worthwhile deal you don't even look at, & you can't evaluate any deal you don't look at then decide whether or not it's worth pursuing

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

if you have other apps you can get some great stacking opportunities. However, if Ibotta is your first cash back app focus on it alone for at least 1-2 months then get the hang of it till it becomes 2nd nature for you.

the way to get the most out of Ibotta is to complete as many OFFERS as possible, that's particularly important when chasing cumulative bonuses, whether it's the midweek bonuses (3 days to complete 8-18 offers to get $1-$5); weekend bonuses (4 days for ditto the midweek bonus standards); midrange  (5-10 days to complete 20-46 offers to get $10-25); & marathon (25 days to 3 months to complete 30-100 offers to get $20-$47)

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

a little amendment to what I said, if you're an Ibotta newbie, if you get just ONE additional app while you're just getting the hang of Ibotta, get some app that only involves scanning receipts period, notably Receipt Pal. Sure, it can be rather slow, but it's less frustrating with 1 or more other cash back apps. It's actually fall-off-a-log simple, and the fun of it is the surprise of getting 100 points - YOU JUST DON'T KNOW when it's coming - & you need 9K+ points to convert into a $25 Walmart, Target or Visa e-gift card. BTW the Visa e-gift card really stinks, if you have $1 or less remaining you can't use it up then pay the remaining balance with a separate tender 

0 Likes

Francoise
Skilled Saver

Welcome! Here's my 2 cents... Think twice about buying things you won't use or can't afford to donate. And above all, don't forget to have fun!