cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta App Avatar

adegothseir
Shopper

How do I change my Avatar picture in the Ibotta App?

Right now it does not have a picture. I do have a picture on the Ibotta Community here but I do not in the Ibotta App.

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies

Re: Ibotta App Avatar

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@adegothseir Great question. I don't believe you can change the in-app picture. Ibotta automatically uses the first letter of your user name.

adegothseir
Shopper

Mine just has a person outline, not a letter.

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@adegothseir Hmmm. Maybe once your account is older it will change. If you get no other response here, you've searched for an answer in the help center articles, and it's still an issue for you, open a ticket in the help center and an agent may be able to help.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@adegothseir 

I believe they just take your first name from your profile, and merely include an outline for the avatar.  

Maybe they figure there is no SM aspect to the app itself, so there is no need for a picture.  This would be especially true since teammates functionality was murdered last September.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@adegothseir What @Rickibotta said... Without any social media presence, I don't believe ibotta thinks there's any point in having an avatar. It's not like anyone but yourself can even see your account, besides the powers at ibotta, of course.