cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to ibotta

Toxicgirl2328
Rewards Hunter

Not sure I'm doing this right. But are there only certain items that you get the points for. Thanks for the help.

5 Replies

Re: New to ibotta

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Welcome to the Ibotta Community.

Ibotta doesn't use points.  You earn cash.

I like to think of Ibotta as a rebate warehouse.,  You use the app to select offers that are listed.  I always go into the store view to make sure the rebates are available for the store selected.  Offers are not available to all stores.  Sometimes a similar offer is available at other stores, but be sure to read the details.  The amount and/or the quantity needed to satisfy the rebate might be different.

After you have selected the items you are interested in, go to your store and purchase the items.  Submit the receipt and you should get the rebate amounts very quickly.  Some retailers do take longer to get your money, but many credit within hours.

Some stores only allow you to earn rebates through Ibotta and your loyalty card.  Be sure to check your store details before shopping for the first time.  You will want to enter your loyalty information prior to shopping.  When Ibotta is linked to your loyalty card, you don't have to submit your receipt.  It can take several days to get your rebates.

Hope this helps. 

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Toxicgirl2328  Welcome to the community!🌸🌸🌸

@mmoore01  already provided great pointers. There was a similar inquiry earlier and I posted below. 
https://community.ibotta.com/t5/miscellaneous/help/td-p/56893 

whirterg
Rewards Hunter

who do you give the reciept to, to get your money? It just says to submit reciept.

whirterg
Rewards Hunter

I see where you said if the retailer is hooked up to Ibotta, you dont have to submit receipt. how do you know if you are hooked up to the retailer/.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador