cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user waiting period to withdraw?

birdieclark78
Shopper

I was told that there is a 96 hour waiting period for new users to be able to cash out. Can anyone confirm this? Also, if that IS the case, is it 96 hours from when the account is opened? Or is it 96 hours from when you initially attempt to cash out? Or do you have to submit a help desk ticket and then it's 96 hours from then? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: New user waiting period to withdraw?

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

I seriously doubt there's any waiting period.  You certainly have to accumulate a minimum of $20 in cash back to withdraw

0 Likes

birdieclark78
Shopper

The help desk rep told me there is a waiting period for new users so they can't cash out the minute they hit $20. I have $30 banked bit can't cash out. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

There is an initial waiting period yes, although I'm not even privy to how long that is. I believe it's around 1-2 weeks.

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@LaraL: What do you mean when you say "1-2 weeks"? Does that mean from the time you opened your ibotta account? or from the time you attempt the first withdrawal?

Is this mentioned anywhere? I am surprised that you are not privy to this info. It seems that it would save LOTS of grief if everyone knew this time table.

Is there anything you or we can do to find out? It seems this would be VERY HELPFUL information that we could pass along to newbies we refer to ibotta. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Give me a moment to try and ask again, cause I agree, it would only be a benefit to know.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

So generally they still do not want to share such information, however they're going to discuss and decide if it's something we can disclose. When that happens, I'll let you know here in this thread.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@LaraL: I don't' understand the secrecy about this. I would hope at the very least they would share enough information so we could WARN our new recruits. It seems they should also include a disclaimer on the "withdraw button." Currently everyone is informed they are eligible to cashout when account reaches min. $20. If that's not true for new users, I'd hope that ibotta would be transparent about it. 

Thank you for your efforts to make this better for everyone! 

Kindly TAG me when you know more so I don't miss it.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I will, and I 100% agree.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@birdieclark78: I am glad you asked this question. I believe getting an answer will benefit everyone here (and save a lot of frustration).

For accounting purposes I intentionally do withdrawals in dividens of $5 (e.g. $20, 25, 30, etc), which means that after a cashout, there is always between 1-cent to 4.99 left in my account.

I wonder if you could cash out if you did only $20 of your $30 that's available? 

0 Likes