cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viv
Rewards Hunter

Ok fellow savers, I am going to try for first time at Walmart tomorrow. I have linked my account and created my list in Ibotta. So, when I check out do the savings come straight off like a coupon would?  I just want to make sure I have this down. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Newbie here

Merry
Rewards Guide

You might want to unlink your walmart account.  It seems that there have been some problems with that recently.  Good luck and have fun.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

Agree on unlinking. Seems like a lot of people have problems. I like being able to scan my receipt and immediately confirm that I’ve gotten all of the offers I was expecting!

Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Viv 

Welcome to Ibotta, Just take your time and start out slow with a few small purchases. Before you make your purchases make sure you use the scan function often to verify your products.  Check the forum often to see what deals are trending and other saving tips.  Let us know how your first transactions went. 

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.

6 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@Viv Welcome! Ibotta is fun to use. My Walmart account is not linked, but I can tell you that you pay first, and are then reimbursed.

Ibotta offers are like rebates, so you will get the money for matched offers after one of the following two things occur:

1. Linked store account: Ibotta receives your purchase info. and issues credit within a window of time, or

2. You scan and submit a paper receipt in the Ibotta app

Always get paper receipts. You cannot submit digital receipts, so if you shop at stores where your printed receipts are switched off, make sure to turn them on.

Solved! Go to solution

Weather
Deal Sharer

Welcome to the community! I've only been using ibotta since Nov. of 2021 and have made almost 100. dollars in cash back. Good luck tomorrow on your shopping trip.

Solved! Go to solution

Merry
Rewards Guide

You might want to unlink your walmart account.  It seems that there have been some problems with that recently.  Good luck and have fun.

Solved! Go to solution

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

Agree on unlinking. Seems like a lot of people have problems. I like being able to scan my receipt and immediately confirm that I’ve gotten all of the offers I was expecting!

Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Viv 

Welcome to Ibotta, Just take your time and start out slow with a few small purchases. Before you make your purchases make sure you use the scan function often to verify your products.  Check the forum often to see what deals are trending and other saving tips.  Let us know how your first transactions went. 

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
Solved! Go to solution

Viv
Rewards Hunter

Thanks for the advice. I have unlinked.