cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Share a Thanksgiving Recipe

Jensaves2Htown

I tried this sugar alternative recipe last year. I liked it.

https://joyfilledeats.com/cranberry-sauce/

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

I am not the cook in the family so my two contributions to Thanksgiving are on the lighter side.  lol  First my Cranberry Orange relish, family fights over the leftovers.

1 bag whole cranberries

1 large naval orange

1/2 to 1 cup sugar

1 can whole berry cranberry sauce 

Cut the orange into wedges, peel and all and toss it into the food processor run it till it is small bits then toss in the cranberries and pulse. Add in sugar, start with 1/2 cup and mix well.  Add in can of cranberry sauce and mix well, keep adding sugar to taste.  This is amazing on leftover turkey sandwiches.

and here is a decent recipe for my Strawberry Pretzel Salad. I use frozen berries  when I make it for the holidays since strawberries are not great right now. 

Strawberry Pretzel Salad 

Cbiscotti
Rewards Guide

Easy pumpkin soup

Saute 1/2 cup chopped onion with butter in soup pot. Stir in 1 tablespoon flour. Add 4 cups chicken broth, 2 cups canned pumpkin, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, some salt pepper and nutmeg.  Stir until boiling. Simmer 5 minutes. Add 1 cup heavy cream and heat through, about 2 minutes. 

Good for about 4 people but very easy to double to serve more.

SaverGirl67

Spinach Pumpkin Lasagna

1cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic - diced

1 large log of goat cheese

3-4 Portabella mushrooms 

1 jar vegan Alfredo sauce (can use regular)

1 box lasagna noodles (reg or gluten free) follow prep instructions 

1/2 bag fresh spinach

1 can organic pumpkin

grapeseed oil for sautéing 

fresh or dried - rosemary. Basil. Oregano. Thyme

pinch of nutmeg

grated real or vegan mozzarella 

cook 1/2 the onion with garlic mushrooms and rosemary in grape seed oil over med-high heat until mushrooms are done

in a separate bowl mix the pumpkin with the Alfredo sauce

cook the 2nd half of the onion with spinach until wilted. salt to taste

soften the goat cheese and mix in basil oregano and a pinch of nutmeg

Start with noodles in a greased dish and layer 1/2 of ingredients - mushrooms pumpkin, spinach and goat cheese. Add a pasta layer. Add 2nd half of fillings in same order. Top with pasta layer.

Add mozzarella and herbs to top

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. 

Lollykins
Core Shopper

@Sorensoj  Leave out the milk, add 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese.  That green bean casserole will be so good it'll make you slap your mama!  😆😆😆

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@Lollykins hey, that sounds really good!  I’m going to try that this year.  

Anquenette
Shopper
Thanks for sharing

cheryl_123
Core Shopper

@cjwoody I love cheesy potatoes! I've been making this recipe for Aw Maw's Potatoes since the recipe came out in 2001. I usually cut the recipe in half for my small family and leftovers reheat nicely too.

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/aw-maws-potatoes

Mrsmm
Shopper

Easy 

Thumbprint cookie Instructions/ from a cake mix

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, spice cake mix,  2 eggs, and 1/4 c oil.
  • Mix until smooth.
  • The dough is very sticky, so spray hands with non-stick spray and roll dough balls in sugar or monk fruit and place onto a cookie sheet, leaving them about an inch apart.
  • Bake for 5-7 minutes.
  • When done baking, remove from oven and let rest on the hot cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
  • After the 2 minutes, gently press thumb into the center of the cookie, put cream cheese icing in print. These work with many options, lemon cake with Strawberry jam, carrot cake with cream cheese, and if you want to be creative use yellow or white cake and use peanut butter, instead of oil and put chocolate kiss in thumbprint. Have fun use your imagination!

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

I've been making this a few years now and it's a big hit.  This is enough for 8-10 servings.  You can halve the recipe for a weeknight dinner side too!

Apple & Walnut Dressing -

• 2 6oz boxes Stuffing Mix
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced
  • 2 Celery ribs, diced
  • 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & diced
  • 3 C chicken broth (or water, but sometimes I'll do 1 1/2 water + 1 1/2 broth)
  • 1/2 tsp dried Sage
  • 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts
  • 4 tbsp Butter

In a large pot, melt butter and saute onions & celery until soft and translucent.  Add sage and stir.  Add apples and cook a few minutes to soften them up.  Add broth to pot and bring to a boil.  Add stuffing mix and fold in walnuts*.  Be gentle when folding in the stuffing & nuts, otherwise it can make the dressing 'gummy'.  Remove from heat and let stuffing rest 5 minutes to absorb the liquid.  Serve immediately.

*NOTE : This can be made a day ahead.  Just transfer the wet dressing to a greased casserole dish before it absorbs all the liquid.  Let it cool, cover and refrigerate.  Heat it in the oven at 350* for about 20-25 minutes.  May need to add extra broth so it doesn't dry out.