cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A teammate!!!

TXbelle
Deal Ambassador

I have my first real teammate! I was Ibottaing at Sprouts to get their freebies on their DQs and a woman saw me scrolling through my phone. I told her about the store's freebies then added how my Ibotta app was such a super way to save loads. She was so nice and interested. I said that if she was interested in downloading the app to please use my referral number. She wrote it down and we went on with our shopping. Stupid me forgot to give her my email, or anything so I could answer questions if she had them. We did exchange first names. I hope I run into her at Sprouts or Whole Foods, Walmart, wherever. 

So today she submitted for the first time. I hope she got a bonus for a first receipt. I got my first referral bonus. Just wanted to crow a bit. 

6 Replies

Re: A teammate!!!

What-Shot
Super Saver

I think there is the option to communicate with teammates inside the App.  Check in the settings section....you might find clues there.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

Dean

Does someone using your referral code automatically make you teammates? I’ve done that but don’t see them as teammates. 

(’๏_๏`) The moment you realize 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”.
0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@TXbelle lucky you! I got ONE 'teammate' who made zero zip zilch nada in almost 2 years in Ibotta because she just doesn't get it, because she doesn't want to, because she never developed any curiosity itch and burn to do so

0 Likes

TXbelle
Deal Ambassador

I have one from maybe 2 years ago who has never used the app other than to download it. The woman who told me about Ibotta is on my team, but she hasn't used Ibotta since 2019. I've been using it since Nov 2018. Ibotta is my hobby now that I'm retired...

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Dean: Yes, if someone signs up using your code, you should automatically be ibotta teammates, unless one or both has turned OFF the participate in teamwork option  (account > settings > preferences). 

Of course, it's also possible there is a glitch that prevents this from happening. But theoretically,  yes, you should automatically be teammates if you used their code or vice versa.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Screenshot_20210609-185350.png

0 Likes