cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 Club

MandaPaul86
Shopper

Still new to all this! Love learning to use this app!

7 Replies

Re: $20 Club

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@MandaPaul86 

Welcome to Ibotta, you are in the right place to learn more about using app and great retail deals. 

Being in the $20.00 club is just the beginning, before you know it you will be in the $100.00 club.  

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us here in the community and if we can't give you an answer you can always reach out to our community manager @LaraL and she will get you squared away.

The last bit of advice I can give you wait a while before you try cashing out. 

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.

MandaPaul86
Shopper

Thanks for the advice!!

lemon_77
Shopper

Welcome, @MandaPaul86

@OBSHOP - I am new to the community but have been using Ibotta for a couple of years. I'm curious why you said to wait a while before cashing out. Maybe I missed an Ibotta strategy... ? Or is it just so you can see your cashback accumulate? Thank you! 💰

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Congratulations and welcome to the community. I remember the first time I earned $20. It is exciting but only gets better from here. If you have any questions, please reach out on the community. There are so many knowledgeable Ibotta users here that can help you. Lara, our administrator, is really attentive to the group and is the best. She is quick to respond and point us in the right direction. If you want to find out the best deals and ways to make more back with Ibotta, check in daily. Alot of us post deals we have found and where you can find them. Most of all, have fun with Ibotta and enjoy the rewards of your savings.

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@lemon_77 

I assumed you were a new app user and wanted to help you avoid issues cashing out. Depending on how I feel I cash out at $25.00.

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.

AmberCoeCEO
Deal Sharer

@lemon_77 you have to have at least $20 in your Ibotta account in order to cash out to PayPal, your bank or buy certain gift cards. That being said, there is a way to use your Ibotta balance to buy gift cards (and earn cashback on them at the same time) no matter how much you have in your Ibotta balance.

For example, right now I have $11.15 in my Ibotta account, so I can't cash out until I get my balance back up to at least $20.

Screenshot_20211103-085412_Ibotta.jpg

But let's say I want to buy an American Eagle gift card from Ibotta, which I would earn 5% cashback on...

• pro tip: the minimum amount to buy a gift card is $5, but you can enter any amount, to the penny, you want. So I often get everything in my cart and pretend to check out just to see what my grand total will be and then I come to Ibotta and buy a gift card for that exact amount, in order to maximize my cashback earnings on the gift card.

Screenshot_20211103-085904_Ibotta.jpg

Now when I go to pay for the gift card, there's an option to apply my Ibotta balance towards the purchase of the gift card, no matter how much (or how little) I have in my account!

Screenshot_20211103-084935_Ibotta.jpg

• pro tip: then go back and activate the 2% cashback on your American Eagle online purchase and use the gift card you just earned 5% cashback buying to pay for it!

There are many many retailers you can search for in the search bar in the app and every one has different % cashback offers for gift cards and buying online, but it's a great way to utilize your earnings besides the traditional "cash out at $20+" options!

Hope this helps! Happy saving!

barbie1266
Shopper

I'm new also, just made 20 club so excited. Can't wait to learn more!