cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon Issues at Walmart

saracul
Deal Sharer

What do you do when you run into issues using coupons at Walmart.  I tried to use use an airwick coupon that I printed off of coupons.com today at Walmart self-checkout.  The item met the requirements on the coupon and it scanned perfectly.  However, when the cashier came by to approve the coupon, she said I couldn't use it because it is not a valid coupon but gave no reasons why it was considered invalid.  I didn't argue becuase it wasn't worth the hassle but was curious as to how others handled similar situations.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Coupon Issues at Walmart

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Why did the cashier have to "approve" the coupon? If it scanned and gave you the proper credit, you just slam the coupon into the coupon slot and move on. Right?

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

Older people who don’t use coupons.com may say that because it’s printed. There is actually an unique code generated for each coupon, and there is a website that you can enter the code and it will say if it’s valid or not. Many assume it is just copied and not legit because you printed it. You could ask to check with someone else in the store, but sometimes it’s not worth the hassle. In those cases, I’ll just ask them to take off the item and try somewhere else. This doesn’t happen to me often tho. Maybe 1 or 2x total. It does happen to me more for newspaper coupons, interestingly enough.

0 Likes

Edawn24
Rewards Guide

Sometimes the register requires a check if it’s a high dollar coupon, or if the coupon is close to the product value; or if the item was on sale. In my experience it varies by store, but I have no idea lol

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@saracul 

I just used printed coupons from CDC at the SCO at Walmart with no issues. If the coupon scans and is accepted by the register, then the cashier should not have given you any grievances about it.  In the event the cashier does not to cooperate I will just have her/him void transaction or ask for the CSM also depending on your total experiences at that store you might want to consider writing a review.

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

@saracul  Agree with @Aangsparks . I would have to ask why she needed to approve. And they would have to explain it to me. I use printable coupons all the time at Scao at Walmart and very few is questioned. But I was told a trick by a Walmart employee - scan the item then scan the coupon immediately after the product. If it does not come off, I stop what I am doing and ask right then why not before proceeding any further. I read the coupons carefully before I go shopping to make sure they are in date, if more than 1 item must be purchased, the size requirement, and how many coupons are allowed in one transaction. If all that is met, I will argue or ask for the manager to override. But since I started scanning the coupon immediately after the product- no issues. And I have purchased up to 4 of the same item in the same transaction as long as the coupon allows that. I hope this helps someone.

0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

@saracul 

The only issue I had after that was a Tidy Cat coupon about a month ago. I met all the requirements of the coupon and it would not go through for me or the manager and he overrode it. I went back 3 days later to repeat the offer with another coupon and it went through with no problems. It was a Walmart issue, not the coupon.

0 Likes