cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon Limit at Walmart

Janet1964
Super Saver

The Walmart’s here just did an update and have a limit of 5 coupons per transaction. At self checkout today, the Mgr was alerted when I used 4 coupons and had to override. I had already busted it up into 2 transactions since I had 7 coupons.

bummer bc I use a lot of coupons.

23 Replies

Re: Coupon Limit at Walmart

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Thanks for the heads up @Janet1964. I don’t use many coupons at Walmart, and probably will shop there even less now that they raised the price of my favorite yogurt by a whopping $1.50.

The only issue I have had with one Walmart here is that coupons do not scan on their expiration date. I get the “invalid coupon” pop-up. This time there was a manager around who kindly manually entered the coupon amount for me.

mmoore01
Deal Master

I recently bought a quantity of 5 for an Ibotta offer and happen to have 5 coupons.  The self checkout register accepted all five, but when I went to pay, it said an associate would have to approve them.  She did and I got credit for all five coupons, no problem.

If I had gone to a register with a cashier, this may not have happened.  But at Self Checkout, anyone could scan the same coupon five times.  I understand the double checking by an associate and have no problem with it.

I use coupons at Walmart all the time, but my orders are small.  Spending $50 at Walmart is a lot for me.  I hope I don't run into this.  If so, I won't buy the items if I can't use the coupon.  I can go somewhere else and use them.

Tarribear
Rewards Guide

Did SCO on 9/24 and had two of same coupons, it called for cashier to come over.  It wasn’t a problem.  I figured being two the same triggered the call.

Janet1964
Super Saver

@mmoore01 

They told me it was a new update a couple of days ago. There is a limit of 5 coupons allowed period. I had 9 coupons the other day and the Mgr voided my whole transaction and told me to bust it up into 2 transactions bc it would require CSM and they were like 30 minutes wait time to get them to come to SCO. So I did and used 5 coupons on 1 transaction and 4 on the next. 

today since I was in the same town but different Walmart, I assumed same rules and divided my trip into 2 transactions and it flagged the cashier after I scanned the 4th coupon- no duplicates. She came over and said I exceeded the coupon limit. I told her I thought it was a limit of 5 and I had not scanned my fifth one yet. She had to override for me to scan the last coupon and then again at the end of my order before it would let me pay.

I may have to start using cdc instead for Walmart to avoid the hassle. But I use a lot of newspaper insert coupons to combine with Ibotta.

I hope the Walmart where I live doesn’t do the same thing.

Dean

I wish I had some coupons to try just to see what happens here. According to Walmart’s coupon policy on their site, which shows it was last updated in 2017, “There is no limit on the number of coupons (variety) that can be used in a total transaction”. Of course, “Walmart reserves the right to update or modify the terms of the OP-41 Manufacturer Coupon Policy and it’s strategies at any time”. This change just seems like it would anger a lot of customers. 

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#coupon-policy

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Janet1964 

I just completed my daily shopping at Walmart.  I used 4 coupons at the SCO with no issues. 

The last time I used coupons at this same Walmart. I used 5 identical peelies in the same transaction. I had to convince the clerk to scan the 5th peelie. 

The success of most transactions depends on the attitude of clerk. 

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.

cjwoody
Super Saver

Y’all, does Walmart accept the Smart Source blinkie coupons?  I just tried to use one, and it didn’t take at the SCO.  Just curious.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

It depends on the type you have.  I get those coupons at Publix.  But I have noticed that sometimes it says Only At Publix.

If it is considered a manufacturer coupon and no mention of Publix or other store, then it should work.  I recently had a $1.00 off coupon for Mrs. Butterworth syrup that I got at Publix and there was a $2.00 rebate in Ibotta at Walmart.  I used the coupon in the Self Checkout and it scanned just fine.

0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

@cjwoody 

I don’t run across those often, but as @mmoore01 said, they should work unless it says a certain store only.

0 Likes