cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually entering rebates

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

How many of you have noticed when submitting receipts from Kroger's, Target, and Walgreens the app has stopped detecting offers and you get this screen?

Screenshot_20210912-105905_Ibotta.jpg

Then you have to sit and scroll through all the offers to find your rebates or scan each item individually. 

What I have noticed is if you back out of the redemption screen and rescan your receipt the app will detect your offers eliminating the need to search or scan for your rebates.

Remember to double check your offers before submitting to prevent missing an offer.

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
14 Replies

Re: Manually entering rebates

Saipan
Super Saver

@OBSHOP

Yes, sometimes it is an issue.

I generally count my offers as I put the items in my cart. Then when I go to redeem, I can generally narrow down pretty fast which are missing.

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Saipan 

There seems to be a lot of issues with submitting receipts. 

I keep my rebate items separated when checking out or I'll just make separate purchases.

Saipan
Super Saver

@OBSHOP

Agreed.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@OBSHOP 

I am sorry this is happening to you, but I have not had this happen at any of the stores mentioned lately at all. All my offers come up with all stores with extremely rare exception.

I have a shopping spreadsheet so I always verify that against what I get paid based on the ibotta email, so I never get surprises with offers getting redeemed or with my balance being off.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Rickibotta 

I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying the issue is. 

When I initially scan receipts from a non-linked retailer the rebate offer are not automatically detected. 

Instead of manually entering offers, I have noticed if I exit out of the redemption screen and scan the receipt a second time then the system will detect offers as designed.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@OBSHOP 

Nope.  I understood all of it.  I understood you were offering it up as a  tip, but it is obviously a PITA and a problem.  

I was just mentioning I had not been encountering it.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Re:geg Manually entering rebates

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@OBSHOP this was a problem only the past 2 days at Kroger, and I've been there an awful lot because I'm chasing as many Ibotta-Kroger double plays as possible;  been a while since I last went to Target and ages since I last went to Walgreens

0 Likes

Re: Re:geg Manually entering rebates

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@RCKCreatEnt 

I have had this issue all month long with submitting receipts it appears to be a systemic issue. Others users have posted about it also. 

I'm done shopping until October unless I have to make an unplanned trip or a few FAO'S pop up prior to the 1st of October. 

I have completed all bonuses and level IV. So I'm relaxing for a few days...

Rasasu
Saver

Agreed. This is happening alot lately.