Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Saving Money on Groceries-Article

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver
18 Replies

Re: Tips for Saving Money on Groceries-Article

Dean

Some good ideas in there. I especially agree with #5. Stick with your shopping list. Good article. Too bad it got lost in the rash of newbie support posts. 

(’๏_๏`) The moment you realize 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”.

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@Dean  I have noticed the community has been turned into a makeshift customer support area, lately.  It's definitely hard to talk about the fun parts of couponing and rebating when so many people are struggling with customer support issues.  

Dean

@Sorensoj  Yep. And the posts are scattered all over the place. 

(’๏_๏`) The moment you realize 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”.

cheryl_123
Rewards Guide

I'm all for talking about the fun parts of couponing and rebating! I especially like tip #1, tracking grocery spending. It's interesting to learn that the average monthly spend is $387. I wonder how other Ibotta users compare?

I just started keeping track of my food buys since September and have been spending about double that to feed three people pretty much three times a day every day (minimal restaurant spend). Plus stocking up on items as I go.

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@Sorensoj  @Dean  ...OMG so glad I'm not the only one! I mean I know there are categories. But I like using the time-line view and scroll through the latest posts instead of looking in each category.

And it's NON-STOP ..... " I can't get my money" "ibotta is a SCAM" " I'm locked out" or even specific redemption issues, I thought that was what putting the help ticket was for.

I know everyone isn't tech savvy....but damn! Sometimes I wonder if ppl are even trying....like read the FAQ and threads on tips and troubleshooting first at least. We are all here to help, but some things have already been answered....multiple times. A quick search can help resolve some of these questions.

I always take my time and read through things before I jump into something...but to each their own I guess 🤷 

That is the end of my small rant. 😎🤣

Saipan
Rewards Advocate

Many of us were/have been using IB when this community didn't exist. A lot gets taken for granted.

I have no idea the actual new user sign ups, but the community has been increasing by 1K every few days in recent weeks.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I hear what you all are saying about people not really trying to help themselves.  In the computer industry, there is a response we use for those who ask a question every time instead of trying to ever find the answer.  RTFM..  Four letters, no words, no sentences..  So when one continuously asks questions without trying to help themselves, we would simply say RTFM.   Probably not as common today because it would hurt their feelings and make them cry.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sorensoj do you feel like the "customer support" aspect has been increasing only around the major events, like Thanksgiving? Or in general?

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

By the way I just asked Khoros (our platform provider) how we can filter out the help threads from the home page. This would make it so you could only see them if you went into the "Help" category or boards, but it would also enable the more fun and interesting/helpful posts to be majority of the feed again.

If any of you have other suggestions, let me know. I feel like, if possible, this will be the easiest way to get back to how things were.