cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

ADDING AN ANY ITEM TO IBOTTA DATABASE - Barcode does not match

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL I kept trying to add the Nivea lotion to be recognized as an "any lotion" item, but it would not flip to the next screen which asks to add the item to the database, and instead kept saying Barcode does not match. I even tried adding it manually.  I opened a ticket to add the UPC and am not so patiently waiting for a response.  I was just wondering, is there a faster and easier way to do this?   Usually you scan an item 2-3 times and the screen opens up to add the item but that didn't happen today.  I was wondering if maybe I just missed it somewhere.

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: ADDING AN "ANY" ITEM TO IBOTTA DATABASE - "Barcode does not match"

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Unfortunately there's not really a faster of doing this currently. When they view your ticket they'll likely add that UPC to the Any Item offer, but it's still a manual process, not an automatic one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Unfortunately there's not really a faster of doing this currently. When they view your ticket they'll likely add that UPC to the Any Item offer, but it's still a manual process, not an automatic one.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@LaraL   Thank you - I was just so used to scanning the item a few times and then the option to add to database was there which did not happen this time.  What is so strange is that the Nivea lotion scan worked, so I don't know why it isn't automatically linked as a "lotion". 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Yeah I'm not sure either, although it's likely just a blind spot. So many different UPCs for so many different offers that change often.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Re: ADDING AN ANY ITEM TO IBOTTA DATABASE - Barcode does not match

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@FelskyNY 

Has this issue been resolved for you yet? 

I had a similar issue with the Any dried fruit at Whole Foods.  I purchased a bag of Fresh Bellies dried strawberries.  When I redeemed offers product didn't activate the any dried fruit offer. 

I didn't bother to contact Care Team for assistance.

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Re: ADDING AN ANY ITEM TO IBOTTA DATABASE - Barcode does not match

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@OBSHOP  I got my .10 but not my "any" offer credited.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

123Save
Deal Ambassador

@LaraL @FelskyNY 

FYI- I bought the Nivea lotion at Target this morning. When scanning it for the any lotion it would only say doesn’t match again and again and again. Never let me submit a picture for later verification. I scanned 5 other lotions from different brands and even travel sizes and they ALL were accepted. IMHO, I believe the sponsor of the any lotion (whoever it is in the 6 sec video ad) asked that the Nivea Sensitive & Radiant be excluded. If not, prove me wrong by having it added to the database along with the other thousands. 

0 Likes