Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

App freezing up

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

Hi,

Anybody else having trouble with the app freezing up when you try to add an offer on the left side of the two column offers? I get the message that Ibotta isn't responding and would I like to wait, close, or send a report. I usually have to close the app and reopen it.

Also when I try to open an offer to scan on the left side I get the refresh circle and again have to close and reopen the app.

Im guessing I need to uninstall the app and reinstall. That's such a pain though.

Thank you!

Kathy

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: App freezing up

JuliannaV
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all, Wanted to share an update here. After we saw some additional issues with logging into the app on Android, we were able to do more investigation and build a fix. A new version of the app for Android will be available in Google Play today or tomorrow. If you download this new version, all issues with freezing and logging in should be fixed. If you continue to have issues with the app even once you've installed version 6.126.1 please let me know! 

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Roxiesmom 

I'm having the same issue.  Maybe it's something the tech team needs to fix

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
Solved! Go to solution

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

I have not tried this morning but I had that same issue last night while I was preparing my shopping lists for today after work.

Solved! Go to solution

TXbelle
Super Saver

I have had problems off and on with the app freezing.  I usually just wait it out for a bit.  If that doesn't work,  I close out the app and wait 20-30sec. then reopen.  If that doesn't work,  I shut down my phone and restart.  I have never had to uninstall the app.  Even when bonuses are slow to show up or update with completed offers, I have only had to clear cache.  I figure that when the app is slow or "not responding ", it's because so many of us are using it at the same time.  

Solved! Go to solution

TXbelle
Super Saver

@JuliannaV 

This is a real issue. I replied earlier that I was only experiencing app freezes occasionally,  but just now it's BAD. If your IT people aren't aware,  please make them aware asap. This problem seems to be getting worse.

Solved! Go to solution

JuliannaV
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging! I'll share with the team and see if we can pinpoint what's going on. 

Tags (1)
Solved! Go to solution

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

They've had me reinstall in the past but that's a pain.

I've restarted my phone a couple of times but it didn't resolve the problem.

I've cleared the cache to.

It's just so odd that it only freezes up when I tap on an item in the left side column.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

JuliannaV
Community Manager

Our team is currently investigating and it appears to a problem with Android. Can you all please give this post a like if you are using an Android? 

@Roxiesmom @TXbelle @DanyelN 

Solved! Go to solution

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

Android here.

Solved! Go to solution

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

Android