cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain the limit 5?

Jwxs
Shopper

I'm very frustrated about the little gray tab that says limit 2, 3 or 5. I have been to Walmart the passed few days and bought stuff that was in my ibotta. Clicked the gray limit tab. Bumped it up to 5. Scanned products 5 times and the savings added up. On one Walmart haul I racked up $38.05. Another Walmart haul I racked up $15.65. Even took a screenshot. Money was supposed to be deposited in my account within 48 hours. I have never gotten that amount for either transaction. I've sent in numerous tickets. So my question is how does this limit 5 work? If I'm not going to get back the amount I rack up then why even have it? I know I used to get that amount several years ago. Now nothing. Im so frustrated with this app. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Can someone explain the limit 5?

Joymjoy
Saver

@Jwxs 

So items that say limit 5; means I can purchase a 5 qualified items on that one receipt. So in this pic, I can buy 5 bottles of soap and get 75cents back for each one. (Limit 2 means buying 2 of that item.)2D4804A1-29B5-4C2A-8FC9-BE30E6CBB4DC.png

mmoore01
Deal Master

But remember, buying five only counts as one item towards bonuses.

I rarely buy 5.  I buy just one.  Within two days, the offer may come back and I will buy one again.  This process allows BOTH purchases to count towards bonuses.  But you run the risk that the item will not return OR if it returns, it might not be for the same amount or you may have to buy more than 1.

If I have a coupon to stack with the Ibotta offer and I must buy 2, then I will buy 2.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@mmoore01 I currently have a Kroger cash back deal for a half buckaroo for Gilbert's craft sausages, but I have to buy TWO, no dice unless I have a concurrent Ibotta offer for 75¢ or better APIECE, which was the case this past winter and spring

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@RCKCreatEnt 

I haven't bought these since August and October last year when I got them $3.48/2 <and> $3.98/2 twice.

I wouldn't pay over $2.50 a pack for them myself.  Instead, I just get some brats.

Although these are pretty good for chicken sausage I must admit.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Jwxs   Silly question, but are the offers you are scanning good at Walmart?  And, are you submitting your receipt for reimbursement?  It sounds like you have been using Ibotta for a while, so I would assume you did these 2 steps, but it never hurts to be sure.  Also, if you are buying in Walmart, you can scan to make sure it matches, but the receipt submission should pick it up without you having to scan each item 5 times (to get all 5 offers).

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Jwxs 

Is your account linked or unlinked?

I am confused.   You should not have to scan products @ WM. 

If you are linked, you do nothing,.

If you are unlinked, you just scan the receipt barcode at the bottom. 

You are allowed to 'resubmit' a receipt if you are linked, but that is only for when something was missing.  And I believe you only have 24 hours to do so.

Are you adding all these offers to your ibotta list before you shop?

If your account is linked, and you do not add offers to list before you shop, none of it will get picked up when it processes your receipt.   And if you then did submit your receipt, it would pick up those items you selected and scanned.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

2 years ago there was a Walmart exclusive Ibotta offer for Jack Link jerky BITS, either a quarter or half buckaroo cash back, with a typical 5 units per purchase limit. Maybe the last time the offer came around I got carried away and bought 8 or 9 units and only then remembered the 5 unit cash back limit

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

2 years ago there was a Walmart exclusive Ibotta offer for Jack Link jerky BITS, either a quarter or half buckaroo cash back, with a typical 5 units per purchase limit. Maybe the last time the offer came around I got carried away and bought 8 or 9 units and only then remembered the 5 unit cash back limit  

Didn't grasp whether anyone particularly addressed this but Ibotta is essentially trying to prevent a small handful of people from hogging all the cash back credits by setting limits of how many units one can buy for cash back, whether it's 5, 1 or anything else in between

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@mmoore01 that's just like me. 99% of the time when I got up to 5 maximum allowable units of cash back credit I typically just get 1

0 Likes