cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t purchase gift cards

Ajill72018
Rewards Hunter

This has been happening for several days now. I try to purchase a gift card through ibotta but I keep getting this error message. I have plenty of money in my account and I have confirmed with my credit union that they are not blocking my debit card. I was told by them that they are approving the transactions but that ibotta is then automatically reversing them. This is getting really annoying. Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Can’t purchase gift cards

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Ajill72018  It's very possible that you are locked out from redeeming your earnings for GC purchases and/or withdrawing your earnings for cash.  I recommend reading through the below thread.  You will want to open up a ticket with the Care Team, which could take 3-5 days depending on volume.  Doesn't mean you necessarily did anything wrong, but sometimes certain user activity will trigger an automated flagging of one's account.  Hope this helps.

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/troubleshooting/post-your-ibotta-account-issue-s-here-lockout-withdr...

Re: Can’t purchase gift cards

Ajill72018
Rewards Hunter

Except I’m able to redeem my earnings for gift cards, it’s just not letting me use my debit card to purchase them. But I will submit a ticket to customer service.

0 Likes