cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Fraud: can't get a straight answer

Lrs1436
Rewards Hunter

Wondering if anyone can help due to a similar experience.

I paid for a vacation through Ibottas offer with Orbitz. I went through the app. I have the screen shot of the details being cashback within up to 7 days. And a screenshot of the exclusions and limitations for which I don't fall under.

I made the purchase END of JANUARY. haven't received cash back yet.

I contacted ibotta support and was told it could take up to 30 days to review.

I contacted them after 30 days and was told it's been sent to Orbitz for a representative to look into.

Ibotta had the nerve to tell me "we'd be happy to hold onto your case for you. We don't know when we might hear back from Orbitz."

Every time I contact Ibotta A DIFFERENT person responds and either is too lazy to read my info or doesn't document the information and therefore I have to keep repeating my answers and questions.

I keep asking for a time frame as Orbitz has reached the 30 days with no response. This is a substantial amount of cash back so it's not right for me to have to just forget about it. But being that I have the screen shots of the offers info, is this not fraudulent? 

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Fraud: can't get a straight answer

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Lrs1436  When you book trips through Ibotta, you have to give it at least 90 days *AFTER* your trip has been completed before you see anything pending in your acct.  Sending tickets right now, isn't helping b/c the rep doesn't have all the info yet from the source you booked through that it was completed.  My sister books through Ibotta all the time, and it takes months for her to get the credits after she's checked out.  Patience is key.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Lrs1436  Sounds like an Orbitz problem 

2103EBAE-A929-47DD-BC84-25E41C5E7607.jpeg

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

I don't think Ibotta has committed fraud.  I have always gotten the rewards that they promised.  Unfortunately, it sometimes takes some time and some work on your part.

I have not done any traveling since covid, so I haven't booked any travel recently.

I was very surprised to hear that Ibotta said you would get your money within 7 days.  I checked, and the app does say this.  I used other travel sites like Expedia and Priceline before and it always took 90 days to get my money back from Ibotta.  These two sites now say 7 days, too, which is an improvement.

Unfortunately, Ibotta is at the mercy of the vendor.  You have to have documentation that you made the purchase that qualifies for the offer.

I always took screenshots of everything, including messages from Ibotta saying they saw my order, etc.  Emails from Orbitz showing, in detail, what you paid and when, must be sent to Ibotta.  I assume you have already done this.

Personally, I would log into Ibotta, go to Account, then Help.  Select Visit the Help Center.  At the top right is a grey circle with a silhouette.  Select this and then select My Support Tickets.

Everything that you have received from Ibotta Care should be there.  Hopefully, you still have at least one ticket open.  Pull it up and verify everything is there.  Every email you get from Ibotta Care should be logged here.

I would then add a comment (or a follow-up if the ticket was closed).  Don't open up a new request, that will just slow things down.  Tell them how much you were suppose to get back and that it was suppose to be posted in 7 days.  You have even waited 30 days as they suggested. 

As long as you have documentation that shows you went through Ibotta and given them an email with your receipt information, you should get your money.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lrs1436
Rewards Hunter

Appreciate your response. Yes I definitely have all the screen shots and email receipts. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lrs1436
Rewards Hunter

I don't have much faith in BBB, being that companies can pay for reviews to be removed.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

TXbelle
Deal Expert

@Lrs1436 

Have you taken the trip you purchased from Orbitz? It may not pay out  until you complete whatever you bought. I have never used Orbitz so I'm just suggesting.  Hope you're able to get this resolved.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lrs1436
Rewards Hunter

That's honestly my last hope. The trips next week so maybe after I get back within 7days? Except none of rules and info on the offer state the payout is AFTER the trip. But I'm crossing my fingers that that's the missing piece.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lrs1436 

1) Did you add the trip to your cart AFTER your clickthru from ibotta to Orbitz?  A lot of times it will be disallowed if you add to cart and then close out, and then click thru ibotta.

2) Did you use a coupon or promo code?  Details are somewhat conflicting AFAICT

I can't believe they would pay you if you have not completed travel yet.   But their details do not stipulate this.   Other sites I have use verbiage such as 'consumed trip', but ibotta does not.

I think it may limit you to $100 or so if it does go thru.

I would suggest you not create additional tickets.   It is best to have one ticket and update it, even if you are not happy with the response you have already gotten.  Less clutter may help you.

Sometimes people have better luck contacting thru FB.

Best of luck.   Getting paid by any CB site is sooooooo hit and miss for travel.   I agree with others that it often is the merchant (e.g. Orbitz) that usually is the hold up.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lrs1436
Rewards Hunter

Update:

been 3 days since my trip and 160 days since purchase. NO CASHBACK STILL. And when I reached out to support AGAIN, I had ANOTHER person respond that obviously read none of my other correspondence including the email I just sent asking for an update. I don’t know how the hell you reach a supervisor or manager. It’s like communicating with mounds of dirt. So infuriating and frustrating!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Lrs1436  When you book trips through Ibotta, you have to give it at least 90 days *AFTER* your trip has been completed before you see anything pending in your acct.  Sending tickets right now, isn't helping b/c the rep doesn't have all the info yet from the source you booked through that it was completed.  My sister books through Ibotta all the time, and it takes months for her to get the credits after she's checked out.  Patience is key.