cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting credited for my online purchases - please help!

Heybig_d
Rewards Hunter

I am new to using Ibotta, and I recently made two online purchases from Wal-Mart.  I have my accounts linked, and I believe I read that online purchases are credited as soon as you pick them up.  I have not been credited for either purchase!  I sent a message to the help center, but I have yet to hear back from them.  Is there anything I can look at for troubleshooting?  Is it possible to still receive my credits?  These are things I would not have purchased w/out the Ibotta app and was looking forward to/need to receive the cash back.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: I am not getting credited for my online purchases - please help!

mmoore01
Deal Master

Welcome to the Ibotta Community.

I have seen a number of new users say that they are not getting credit for their Walmart Pickup & Delivery orders.

As you mentioned, you must first link your Ibotta Account with Walmart.  The email address you enter for Walmart must be the same one you use for placing your order.

Next, you must select all the offers in Ibotta under Walmart Online that you plan to purchase BEFORE making the purchase. 

Now that you have linked your account and selected the offers, you can place your order.  I don't think you should select the Shop button in Ibotta.  That is for the percentage back from Walmart.com.

You can use your phone or your computer and go to Walmart to place your Pickup order.  Make sure you select the correct items and quantities needed for the Ibotta offers.  If you allow substitutions, be sure to select items that will also match your Ibotta rebates. 

The way it is suppose to work, you should get credit within minutes after picking up your order, but it can take a couple days, depending on how fast Walmart can get the information to Ibotta.

If you did all of this, it is possible your Ibotta Account is no longer linked to Walmart.  Go to Account in the app and then Settings and then Linked accounts.  If Walmart is missing or it says Connect, you are not linked.  If it say Disconnect, then Ibotta thinks you are linked.  If you press Disconnect, it will unlink your Ibotta and Walmart accounts.  You can then try re-linking your Ibotta with Walmart.  

If you still don't get anything, then you will need to open a Request.  Go to Account, then Help to submit a Request.  Be sure to include a copy of your last email for the purchase and pictures of the Ibotta items and UPCs.

Good luck.

Heybig_d
Rewards Hunter

Thank you.  I did all of those things, but I will check the link again.  If it is, I'll disconnect and link again as you suggested.  Thank you!

0 Likes

SherokuTakari
Rewards Hunter

Please let me know how this turns out! I did an order last night to pick up later today, for all the free Thanksgiving stuff and a few other offers I had, and I just got an email saying "we found no matching offers," and a .10c rebate for any item. Kinda panicking because I helped my Dad sign up and he can't really afford to be out the 40 bucks if his does go wrong too. Hoping it'll change once I pick stuff up, but I don't know why they'd give me the .10c one in advance if it's based on pick-up times. Basically nervous and ranting, sorry 😓

0 Likes