cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta not finding Any Eggs on receipt - New Ibotta update today

mmoore01
Deal Master

I haven't had an issue, but several people I know who use Ibotta are having a problem with the Any Egg offer that appeared today.

They scan their Walmart receipt and it doesn't find the eggs.  They scan the bar code for the eggs and it says it is valid.  Everything appears to be good.

Then they receive a message that Ibotta "couldn't find products matching the rebates you unlocked."

The receipt is within the 7 days allowed by ibotta.

I know we had a similar problem a couple weeks ago AND there was an Ibotta Update that was installed today (version 6.1070).

@LaraL , are we having this problem again?

0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Ibotta not finding Any Eggs on receipt - New Ibotta update today

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Interesting. Any one else experiencing this and can provide screenshots for me to relay to Engineering?

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@mmoore01 if I could get an email from one of the people who are experiencing this, it would help. If that's possible, can you send me a message with their email address that's associated with their account?

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

@LaraL 

She said she sent you an email.

Thanks.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Thanks for that. Just shared the screenshots and your post.

0 Likes

dejesus1013
Rewards Hunter

I haven’t been able to cash out in 4 days and have done all the trouble shooting 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

There was another Ibotta update yesterday.  You can try again if it has been less than 7 days since your purchase.

Otherwise, you will need to open a request.  Go to Account, then Help.  Don't open multiple requests, that just slows them down.

Be sure to include a copy of your receipt along with pictures of the products and UPCs.  It can take several days to get a response.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@mmoore01 so apparently this is what happened:

1. Purchase happened on 10/13
  2. Offer starts 10/15
  3. Your friend logged in on 10/15, saw the offer, but didn’t know it wasn’t available on 10/13
  4. They did receipt scan, but don't see the offer, leading to confusion

There's been a lot of internal dialogue regarding this, we're working on making this more clear and taking steps to reduce confusion moving forward.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I agree with your facts, but Ibotta has ALWAYS allowed Any Offers as long as it was within 7 days of purchase.  If Ibotta is changing the rules of redemption, it has to be in the offer details.   In my opinion, the fact that I can't re-submit a Walmart receipt after 24 hours is already breaking Ibotta's rules.

The Any Eggs offer details (and ALL the Any rebates) does NOT have an exception for receipts that are older than the offer.  The only exception is the receipt cannot be older than 7 days, an Ibotta standard.

That's my opinion, of course.  My thought was this was done to prevent people from taking things back.  How many times have you bought something and the next day, there is a really great offer on the item you just bought?  Do you take it back and re-buy it, or do you let it go?

Just my thoughts...

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Sure, I understand what you're saying. Ultimately the credit wasn't applied because the system saw the submission data and cross-referenced that with whichever offers were available then (on the 13th). If offers are being retroactively accepted for older transaction before they go live then that's a different issue.

0 Likes