cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instacart, reversals and other issues

jscar720
Shopper

Anyone else having trouble with instacart? Order stuff the other day and everything was fine, account was linked. Although I still haven't received credit for my purchases. I just received an email that says my account is not linked nor will it let me re-link the account. I am assuming I will not receive my credits?

I'm not sure what is going on with Ibotta but they are getting worse and worse. I constantly have to submit for missing credits, target on-line takes at least 5 days to issue credit, and just yesterday I received an email saying I cancelled an order from May, which I didn't, and they did a reversal. Also yesterday, they did a reversal for the weekend warrior bonus which I never did received and I never received an email, I just stumbled on it because of other issues. 

14 Replies

Re: Instacart, reversals and other issues

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

The missing credits issue is something we're aware of and working to resolve. Missing bonus progress is something we're also working on although it's not a top priority like the missing credits. As far as an issue with Instacart goes, this is the first I've heard of it. I think you know what I'm going to propose here but a ticket is your best option as the Care team are fully equipped to help with this sort of thing.

ErikMarie
Rewards Hunter

I’ve been having this issue the past week, and got two more today about reversals. The only answer I got back the first time was the same generic thing on here (which was just updated 21 hours ago) about how you can’t apply discount codes, if you return something, etc…none of which I did. I was close to $20 but that put my earnings in the negative. 

ER
0 Likes

jscar720
Shopper

I have put in tickets on these issues. This was the response I received:

Thank you for your email. I reviewed your account and show that you made a return on a Sam's Club credit, which then reversed your bonus. We have partnerships with certain retailers that work with us to correct the account balances when returns are made. These retailers include all of our online retailers

Please note, returning items you have already earned cash back on is a violation of our Terms of Use and is grounds for account deactivation.

But since I didn't return the items, not sure where their information is coming from. And I really don't like being told I am in violation when this is Ibotta's mistake. If I had made the return, then I wouldn't be questioning everything. I really hope that this was a form letter statement and not someone actually in customer service.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@jscar720  Wow, that’s a really harsh tone in that message from ibotta’s care team. I’m surprised because the ones I’ve received are usually very professional and courteous.  Hope your issue gets resolved soon!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@jscar720 

Lol.  I had a similar experience at WM

• Purchased stuff ncluding buddig meat
  • Submitted for ibotta rebate on buddig
  • Realized I had forgotten to use PQ
  • Had CS refund the $1 for the PQ
  • Got home and noticed $1 reversal
  • Opened ticket
  • Received ticket response, including the two threatening paragraphs you have boldest, where I was treated in a manner I felt was just slightly better than a child molester 

You are handling it so much better than I did.  I responded to ticket like you did.  Told them:

"Why would I open a ticket over $1 and risk account lock or termination if I did something wrong.  I have not done anything wrong once let alone shown a fraudulent pattern.  And you are going to threaten me over $1?  I have close to $1,500 in earnings, and you are going to threatening me.....over $1."

In my case, I did not get a receipt with my refund. I went back to CS and the manager located it. Rather than having a manager do the refund, the kid had returned the buddig.  He then repurchased it and refunded the coupon $1, using the refunded amount to the repurchase.  He did all of this without even telling me.

I ultimately sent in all the receipts, and ibotta reversed the reversal.  But I was pretty livid with that one paragraph in my ticket like yours.  The threat.  Perhaps a more reasonable person would not take it personally but I did.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

They come off that way when they're pretty sure returns were made, but if it's a mistake then I'm honestly not sure what the protocol is. If you still have the items around that they're claiming were returned, I would take a picture of those and submit them with the ticket. I imagine that should set the record straight.

Generally we depend on the retailers to tell us if the return had been performed, so in this case we received data that Sam's Club registered a return. This process of course isn't always perfect so it makes sense that this could all be in error.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

Agreed.  That is what I did in my situation.  Pictures, more pictures, and more pictures.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta  I see Ibotta being advertised heavily all over the internet and offering $20 for trying the app.  Wouldn’t it be more efficient and profitable to try to keep the people that are already using Ibotta app, in addition to new users?  Many people are fed up with the constant missing rebate credits and give up after a short time and much expense.  There must be someone that can address the software issues in this app, right?  If not, then let the Ibotta users know what the logistics problems are and people can decide whether they are willing to wade through the hassles or not.  It’s not good business practice to keep marketing app features that the company realizes are not going to perform, as advertised.  This is a perfect storm for the mass frustration that your customer service team encounters and that is seen on the Ibotta community pages.  

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

FWIW @Rickibotta doesn't work for Ibotta, but I do. We are trying to improve the app experience for existing users, it's one of the reasons this community exists and why I regularly relay your words to the engineering and product teams. It's a mix of leading priorities to further progress the app, along with maintaining existing functionality.

Personally I've worked for several tech companies and this is generally how it goes. I'm always fighting to make sure the core product is living up to expectations, and honestly Ibotta has been doing a much better job than some of the other places I've worked at. It's worth noting that some of these issues are nebulous, sometimes eclectic in source, and difficult to solve rapidly.

So with that said, I assure you there is progress being made on many of the main issues that everyone has been experiencing. The leading priority right now is fixing the missing credits issue for example, and it's just taking time to fully fix. Meanwhile the company keeps firing on all cylinders, so to the outside perspective, it looks like we're not doing anything. But I promise you we are!

0 Likes