Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Barcode

megla
Core Shopper

So I went to walmart this evening and bought a couple products for ibotta

first time I inserted my card I had a decline issue

I inserted the card again and this time it went through & I have a pending charge on my card

however, ibotta is telling me the barcode is invalid even when I type on the TC#

I went online to my walmart account to see if the receipt is there with the linked card and its not???

I know I can probably submit a ticket to ibotta, but every time I do they fail to add the offer count into the bonuses and I dont want to miss out on them 

0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Invalid Barcode

SoCalHal
Core Shopper

I’m at Walmart right now, and getting the “Something went wrong” whether I scan the barcode, or enter the TC#. 

4444CAA7-3E81-4436-BCF8-D4EFA9CAAB3B.png

I was curious to see if others were having trouble, too. Maybe there’s something going on site-wide. 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I am also getting an Invalid barcode message and then a Sorry, something went wrong.  Please try that again.

I know there was an Ibotta update today. When this happened, I cleared data and reset my phone.  Same issue.

Screenshot_20210716-214717.png

0 Likes

Mkaczorsee
Deal Sharer

Same here!

0 Likes

Niecy47
Rewards Hunter

I am having the same issue. Trying to scsn its saying invalid barcode, cannot type in TC#, I logged out of the app. I checked to see if it needed to be updated. Restarted my phone, turned my phone on and off. Nothing is working. I submitted a ticket. 

0 Likes

Mkaczorsee
Deal Sharer

Shut down phone and did restart. 

Did not help. 

0 Likes

Td
Shopper

Same here. I,don't want to do a ticket either cause it's 15 items.  Must be site wide or at least a Wal-Mart issue

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

It is not an Ibotta issue.  The Walmart app won't read the barcode or TC#.

I called Walmart Customer Support and reported the issue.  The more that call might get it resolved sooner.

You can call 800-WALMART and speak with someone there.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

My understanding is that the TC# and barcode are generated locally at the store.  It is then sent to Corporate.  I have heard of a single store having communication issues that delayed the message to corporate.

Since so many are having this issue, it sounds like Walmart corporate is not getting some or all transactions.  However, once the problem is resolved, the corporate database should get updated.  Hopefully all my offers will still be good tomorrow.

Try again later and it should work.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@mmoore01 

Interesting post on the Walmart TC numbers. Well can you help me better understand what is going on in my situation.  I make a purchase of 2 items at Walmart. Pay using Walmart pay, the rebate is automatically rewarded. I review and find credit is missing for 1 of the items. I try to manually enter the TC  # as I have done in the past but this time I receive an Ibotta error message. "we already received information for this purchase through linked account"  So is it a Walmart or Ibotta issue?

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
0 Likes