cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping Text

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing text jumping when trying to make or comment on post?  It started about 2 weeks ago after my Galaxy S21 phone updated.

What happens while I'm typing the text will start having hard stops inserted like I was pressing enter making it difficult to type.  This is only happening while using the app. @LaraL has anyone else mentioned this unusual occurrence?  

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Jumping Text

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

That's odd. I'm on an iPhone and not seeing it, so maybe it's Android related? Which browser app do you use?

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@LaraL 

Chrome 96

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
0 Likes

Dean

@OBSHOP  You mentioned that this is only happening while using the app in your first post, and then Chrome 96 in your second post. I’m confused but I don’t use Android so I’m not familiar with the Ibotta app. Is the Chrome browser on t(e app? Does this happen with any other app on your phone? 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Yeah, I experience text jumping every time I post on the community. Been like that for weeks. I am an Android user too. The jumping is annoying but I deal with it by waiting a few seconds before typing after hitting reply.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Does this jumping only happen on certain pages or when doing certain things? How exactly is the text jumping around? I'm writing up a ticket to our platform provider but since I'm not seeing it I have no way to detail out the report.

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

@Dean

Regarding app to browser version, if you navigate to the community from the IB app, you are prompted to select a browser, since the community forum is browser based, and not app based. At least as of now.

0 Likes

Dean

@Saipan  Gotcha. When I do that on iOS, Safari launches. I’m thinking that the default browser is launched from the app and that the app isn’t launching any specific browser. I wonder if the jumping text also happens in a different Android browser. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

I don't have a default set. I have noticed it for a while. I use a Beta version of the browser, so I didn't think much of it. Figured it would work itself out.

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

@LaraL,

I use the Chrome browser from the app. The text jumps as soon as the text box appears. It basically disappears for a few seconds and then comes back on. Almost like the box blinks in and then out once as soon as it appears. It only does this when you hit reply or start a conversation as soon as the text box appears. Nothing else jumps on the community. Just when the text box appears for the first time after hitting reply or start a conversation. I hope this gives you enough information.

0 Likes