cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KROGER: Negative shopper's card balance???

Eyegottaibotta
Skilled Saver

I somehow have a negative balance on my Kroger shopper's card which has me quite perplexed.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Waiting to hear back from customer service.

Eyegottaibotta_0-1663531232941.png

3 Replies

Re: KROGER: Negative shopper's card balance???

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Eyegottaibotta 

Great post.  Never seen this and curious to see what others say.

How do you have 5¢?  Did you transfer everything but 5¢ to either PAYPAL or Shoppers card? .

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

swallow
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta The $0.05 KCB balance might be a typo or system error, I had it once, it was supposed to be $0.50

Eyegottaibotta
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta Turns out that @swallow is correct about a system error(s). The .05¢ is actually 50¢ and for some reason shows up that way on the summary screen. When I click on the balance to redeem it corrects to 50¢.

I did a live chat today and they confirmed that my negative balance was caused by a system error. I had previously sent $1 to this card and applied it to my purchase. The system did not process the first transaction correctly and the $1 remained on my card. When they rectified their error, they deducted the $1 that was used twice and hence the negative balance. Customer service sent the $1 to my shopper's card with apologies.

I usually send my KCB to PayPal and I sent $1 to my card in order to use the remaining balance (27¢) on a virtual Visa card that I have loaded to Kroger Pay. I reconcile my KCB balance and didn't notice my shopper's card balance since it doesn't show in the app. 

SCB.jpg