cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing earnings

ktownkim
Rewards Hunter

I got a new phone yesterday and today my earnings are missing. I'm using same sign in and somehow lost $13. Does anyone know why? Thank you!

0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Missing earnings

Jwilliams1981
Rewards Hunter

This happened to me as well!  I just looked at my earnings and it’s saying I have   .27 when before it was around $10

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@ktownkim 

You are supposed to change your phone number within ibotta.  See below

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/229880668-How-do-I-change-the-phone-number-linked-to-my-Ib...

@Jwilliams1981  Since you have a balance, I can only assume you must have signed up with a different email address as well because I don;t think you can attach the same email address to multiple devices.   If this is what you did, you need to open a ticket and see how they want you to proceed to fix it.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Jwilliams1981
Rewards Hunter

Sorry, to clarify, I have not changed my phone or email address.  I just found it odd!  Have a ticket in for it so we shall see….

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Jwilliams1981 

My bad.   So it looks like you just got str8 up robbed.   Hope they fix this for you.  I am sure they will.

Good luck with that,

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I would submit a ticket. In some cases the vendor will make changes, which they are allowed to do up to 90 days after the transaction. In other cases it could be an error on our end. Either way the best way to find out and get a resolution is by submitting a ticket to our Care team so we can investigate it further.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Jwilliams1981 

Do you see any details in your ACTIVITY  (from home screen, the bell in upper right)

or YOUR EARNINGS   (ACCOUNT in lower right...then YOUR EARNINGS)

There may be some indication in one of those two spots.

Else, I am sure they will get back to you when they work your ticket.

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@ktownkim 

That's very peculiar and that's why I have adopted the practice of withdrawing my earnings whenever I reach $50.00 and I make sure the cents on the earnings and lifetime are the same.

I also take screen shots of my account page after each redemption. 

On 08/02/2021 I drew my current earnings down to $.65 my lifetime earnings were $X,XXX.65 after submitting a trouble ticket for missing rebates and bonuses I now have a $.21 difference.

I won't submit a trouble ticket account I'll get a reply stating my account was properly credited. This slight error has occurred 3 times in about 45 days give or take a few. 

I'll make up the difference cause tomorrow on 08/05/2021 WWB and a whole lot of freebies will be added to our galleries and I'll be able to stack multiple bonuses to make up $.21.

Your Earnings, How do you keep track of your earnings? 

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@OBSHOP    That is concerning! I just withdrew most of my balance on that account.  Between missing rebates on items -sometimes several per day and missing earnings the luster is wearing off.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Tikiki 

You have no reason to really be concerned AFAIAC.  I have not heard of balances being off in ibotta on a large scale.

Usually this happens due to reversals..  Those are usually for online shopping, and you should always get some sort of notification in your activity.

I recommend users keep some sort of accounting of their ibotta balance. 

After all, this is money and you should always keep a close eye on your money.

I actually have a spreadsheet that details how much IR I earn for each item on a receipt.   My ibotta balance is updated at the end of each receipt.   I check my balance after each shop, and if there is a mismatch between what I got and expected I open a ticket if necessary.  Maybe you don't want to deal with a spreadsheet, but you really should know that you just submitted a receipt and are expecting $6.75, giving you a balance of $34.75.  After your receipt is processed, verify you have $34.75.  If you keep an eye on it on a regular basis, there should really be no oddities that can't be remedied,

In a few years or so, I have never had my balance mysteriously not match.  YMMV

0 Likes