cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need HELP!

SkyGirlTammy
Shopper

We went to Walmart today to purchase some Revlon and Rimmel products for our bonuses. I had already purchased the Revlon lipstick earlier in the week on my account. When I began to submit our receipts, I inadvertently entered his receipt on my account and I missed out on credits. Does anyone know if I explain this to Ibotta if they will correct my error and credit our individual accounts correctly? 

4 Replies

Re: Need HELP!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SkyGirlTammy 

I doubt they will help you there.  For starters, it involves two accounts, and they would to have approval of two people even if they wanted.

You need to be careful, and make sure you never check accounts on each other's phones.  That is an easy way to get am account lock.

I would ask him to just give u the money u earned for him.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

SkyGirlTammy
Shopper

Thank you for responding, Rickibotta! I should have supplied more information about this transaction.  My husband's account is truly HIS account.  When he saw all of the deals I was getting, he wanted IN so he got his own account!  We went shopping at Walmart to work on our September Sunflower bonuses.  We purchased our items separately, I put all of the receipts in my purse and we left.  When we got home, he got busy and asked me to submit his receipt on his phone.  I inadvertently grabbed his receipt and submitted it on my account.  As soon as I did it, I realized that I just messed up our transactions...ughhh...lesson learned the hard way!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SkyGirlTammy 

I believe in your first post you meant to say he missed out on his credits, right?

Since you posted both to your account, you actually got extra.

I really don't think this is worth messing with because I doubt they would help you with this.  Even if the took the credits out of your account, it likely would not remove the attachment that receipt has to your account.  So if he tried to submit the receipt, one or both of you may get locked out due to fraud.  You can always slip him the cash to even it out, or do something nice for him, or maybe just owe him one,.

As you said, lesson learned.    But it sounds like you made out better.......lol.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@SkyGirlTammy 

That's an error in my opinion best left as is.  @Rickibotta has offered you sound guidance. I would also add.  Have you considered using Walmart pay and linking your account? This will reduce the chances of mixing up  your receipts in the future as long as both of you have individual accounts, debt cards and email addresses.

Paying full price is optional