cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers appearing under stores where they don't apply

Nique
Skilled Saver

I'm not sure what to call this post. Something odd is going on. Offers are showing up under stores that are not in the fine print. Below is an example. Violife is Walmart only, but I see it under ShopRite and Stop & Shop. My lists are accurate though. Is anyone else seeing this?

If you're out shopping, be careful! Check your list in the app to make sure.

P.S. The app auto-updated for me this morning.

Screenshot_20210814-132309_Ibotta.jpg

20 Replies

Re: Offers appearing under stores where they don't apply

Lovetosavenow
Rewards Guide

I saw Safeguard soap under Publix but when I tried to upload the receipt, the item wasnr found

0 Likes

Nique
Skilled Saver

Sorry @Lovetosavenow. That's why I figured I'd post it. Folks will get excited, shop, then be frustrated.

I see several that are out of place. Of course, it's the weekend so if it doesn't correct itself by Monday, I'll notify Lara.

mom2furkids
Skilled Saver

@Nique Same thing happening to me. I purchased cream cheese at Walmart yesterday because "any spreadable cheese" was in my Walmart gallery. I did my due diligence and scanned in store to make sure it was an accepted item and it matched. Receipt wouldn't scan in the car so I waited till I got home. It picked up the other item I purchased but not the cream cheese. Tried to add it manually and couldn't. Sent a ticket with a screenshot of it under my Walmart heading. They gave me the .10 as a "courtesy", but of course not the item count towards my bonus and this was item 15 of the 15 I needed. 😒 I didn't think about it possibly happening to others, so thank you for posting. I doubt my ticket alerted them to anything unless others have been sending in tickets for the same issue. 

Offers showing up at wrong stores

cweiner31
Core Shopper

For the last few days I've been having offers show up at stores that they don't belong to. For example, in the attached screenshot, it looks like the Barilla pasta is good at Shoprite but it's not. If I clear the cache then it works right but as soon as I look at another store on ibotta, it gets messed up again. I bought 3 items that I thought were good for offers at Shoprite just now (I even checked the barcodes) but only 1 of them actually was and now I'm still 1 offer short for my $5 weekend bonus that expires tonight. I guess I need to be extra careful about where offers are good or clear my cache every time I look in a store on ibotta. Is anyone else having this problem?barilla_ibotta.jpg

0 Likes

Re: Offers showing up at wrong stores

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@cweiner31 

Always go into store mode within the ibotta app and scan for qualifying items while at the store.

If you select Shoprite from your home page, and then scan from there, it should tell you NO MATCH.  If you scan in store mode, and it says MATCH, then open a ticket and they should pay up.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

mom2furkids
Skilled Saver

@cweiner31 This has been happening to others as well. @Nique posted about it yesterday in a thread titled Offers appearing under stores where they don't apply. Hopefully Ibotta gets it resolved soon!

cweiner31
Core Shopper

@mom2furkids  thank you for pointing that out! I took a quick look before I posted but I must have missed it.

cweiner31
Core Shopper

@Nique  The same thing happened to me the last few days and got me today. I didn't realize you posted it so I put in a separate post. I needed 2 offers for my $5 weekend bonus. Thought I got 3 offers but only 1 of them turned out to be good. I returned 1 of them and the other one is a good enough deal but I'm still 1 short for my bonus

0 Likes

TXbelle
Deal Ambassador

I saw something similar a few days ago. It was an item I knew was only at Walmart but I was purusing through Kroger's gallery. I cleared cache on my phone and opened Ibotta and all was back in order. I'm not sure but it may have been after the latest update. 

@LaraL , maybe you could check on this phenomenon?

0 Likes