cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: I tried to withdraw my earnings but it says "We couldn't process your request."

Edith2
Shopper

Me puede ayudar porfabor no puedo entrar a mi cuenta 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Wondering why the run around

Comom420
Shopper

I have 20.00 on my account in referral bonus and I am unable to withdraw and when I hBe reached out to support the past 5 days they keep sending the same email back over and over not sure how to get it moving .

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Unable to withdraw and my accounts two years old

Comom420
Shopper

I have 20.00 on my account in referral bonus and I am unable to withdraw and  I have reached out to support for the past 5 days they keep sending the same email back over and over not sure how to get this taken care of.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Unable to withdraw and my accounts two years old

Saipan
Super Saver

@Comom420

Account lock, expect minimum 5 business day wait. No need for additional requests for review.

Solved! Go to solution

Re: Unable to withdraw and my accounts two years old

Mely
Rewards Hunter

Where do you reach out for support I don’t see it

i just reach $20 on the 6 (from November til now )

and my account doesn’t let me withdraw it shows on Lu 5 but I haven’t received nothing 

A691F4A3-762F-447B-B286-B0000BE5C053.jpeg

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

A disappointing end to Ibotta

thefrugalchef
Rewards Hunter

I have been a long time Ibotta user for many years. Two of my family members, long time savers as well, and myself really enjoy shopping for these great deals and trying to finish certain bonuses. It gives us a certain type of joy plus some added bonding time, you can say girl time. Yes, finishing bonuses can be time consuming, but it gave us a sense of accomplishment.

While being an avid Ibotta saver for years, I foolishly let me balance go past $500 without cashing out. At the time, I had full faith in Ibotta and if there was an issue for whatever reason, I knew Ibotta customer care would be there to save the day. Yes, I have heard stories where users say Ibotta goes crazy if you have large balances and try to withdraw. But, let’s just say I trusted Ibotta 100%, which would turn into a very costly mistake.

My family member recently tried to withdraw earnings from their account, but got an error message, so they emailed them waiting patiently for a response. And I have a feeling, this is what triggered everything. That family member recently took over a used phone, from the other person. And then they weren’t able withdraw earnings. So, this is where things took a turn for the worst.

Ibotta ends up emailing myself and both of my family members stating we have violated their terms and they have permanently deactivated all of our accounts. They have stated “While reviewing your account we verified one or more receipts were altered from their original state before they were submitted.” But, that was not true. All of my receipts are legitimate valid receipts which have transaction numbers that can be verified with the merchants. The receipts were not altered, but I may have folded long surveys before. Which I have been told by a previous rep that was fine.

So, anyways I try to email the account review team to have them review it again and have them explain what is going on and listen to what I have to say. Explaining I didn’t violate the terms. Even offering to send them copies of the recent receipts. But, then they respond back with the same generic sample email that I violated their terms and that they are ending further communication with me.

I was in shock and disappointment! Never have I ever expected that they will just end communication with long time Ibotta Saver. They don’t even want to listen to what the user has to say. They just cut you off. Apparently, all the stories I have heard about Ibotta are true. But, this is a lesson learned now, none the less a very costly lesson, but now I don’t think I will ever make that mistake again. Keeping faith and your hard earned balances in something that is just not a bank will never work out. I will admit stupid and foolish on my part. Word to the wise, keep your balances low. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

I understand their nature of the business and they have to protect themselves, but don’t go on the defense on all Ibotta savers, there are still good people in the world. Give them the opportunity to communicate. Don’t just say we are ending further communication and cut them off. Ibotta, it just makes it look like you don’t want to give them a chance, and that you just want to take the savers hard earned balance without hearing their side of the story. Both my family members and myself have always followed ibotta guidelines, so this is beyond frustrating.

I am now going through Ibotta withdrawal, but I will be fine. I am no longer spending so much time looking at the next great bonus, planing my shopping trips around certain stores so I can finish bonuses, or even still buying things that just don’t look appealing just because there was a cash rebate on it. I have more time for important things in life, like my family, pets, and even now video games.

I want to thank you all for listening and I want to wish you the best of luck in your continued journey with Ibotta. Hopefully, your journey will not be filled with disappointment and despair.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Re: A disappointing end to Ibotta

ascny1964
Shopper

We should all start a class action suit against them because many of us cannot get the money promised to us because they will not fulfill their end of an agreement. I only have approx. $40 and I cannot get the money transferred. They are scammers! 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

I am sorry you had this issue.  If it happened to me, I would be upset, too.  However, I would not give up that money so easily.  You earned it.

In my opinion, Ibotta needs to identify exactly what part of their policy you violated.  

When I first started with Ibotta 8 years ago, I was kicked out.  I had not even submitted a receipt yet.  Luckily, I was able to get my account reinstated.  I didn't lose any money.

I know some who let their accounts get very large, over $1000.  But I would rather have it in the bank earning interest.

Currently, I buy gift cards with my earnings, so I am keeping my credit card balance low and still earning bonuses.

@LaraL is our advocate when things like this happen.  I haven't had the problem you are having, but @LaraL has helped others when crazy stuff happens.

I hope you are able to get the money you earned, but this is not the norm for Ibotta.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@thefrugalchef 

I guess I assumed if your account was deactivated, that you could not even log into your account.  The care team does not do this lightly, and there is not much @LaraL can do in these situations since she is in the marketing team.

Your best and only bet likely is pleading your case to the care team.  Perhaps Lara may have have additional assistance or guidance, but typically she can only clarify your account status - locked or deactivated.

If the care team is literally telling you that your a count is deactivated. I would not be accumulating additional ibotta funds though.  As I said, I am confused how this is even possible.   If your account were locked, I would understand.

Anyway, good luck.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Re: deactivated

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

From what I can tell there was a lot going on with that account. It seems that they made a decision to deactivate the account based on said activity.

As others have said, @thefrugalchef, you can appeal through any tickets you had with the Care team, but it's ultimately up to them.

0 Likes