cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Post Your Ibotta Account Issue(s) Here: Lockout, Withdrawal, etc.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks,

We've been seeing many threads pop up in the past few months regarding account lockout or being unable to withdraw your balance from the app.

This thread will serve as a singular spot for all of these discussions to go so that it's easier for me to share it with the team that handles them.

It's worth noting that the most I can do is confirm why you might be experiencing difficulty, but ultimately we encourage you to make a ticket. With this team in particular it can take roughly 3-5 business days for them to review and take action (more times than not they will unlock your account).

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Post Your Ibotta Account Issue(s) Here: Lockout, Withdrawal, etc.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to be reducing the frequency I look into accounts since it's been consuming so much of my time and vast majority of the cases where a lockout occurs, it's the same situation and I'm typing out the same messages over and over. Here are the common factors involved when a possible account lockout is involved:

• If you suspect your account is locked and/or you're unable to withdraw, submit a ticket. You can do so by going to Account > Help > Submit a request.
  • Once a ticket has been submitted it's generally best to give that team 3-5 business days to respond. It can take longer if they are waiting for additional information after reviewing an account.
  • If you are attempting to withdraw within the first 48 hours of your first transaction it can lead to your account being locked. Be sure to wait until after the first 48 hours before attempting again.
  • Even if a representative has closed a ticket, you can still reply to it and the ticket should re-open.

Unfortunately I don't work on the team that handles these cases, nor do I work on the Care team, I work in Marketing. My insight into accounts is very limited.

I encourage everyone to have patience and to review these steps listed above if you're experiencing difficulties withdrawing. I'll add more to this list if I find other common questions.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1,028 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Can’t withdraw.

deego_rdg
Shopper

Hey everyone,

I’m very new to the Ibotta app and was nudged to use it by friends and family so I finally got the app and so far I’ve liked the experience. I’ve reached 25 dollars on my account and I thought I would withdraw the amount to gift card to purchase a birthday present. Everytime I attempt to withdraw, it says “Something went wrong, We couldn’t process your request” If you’ve had this problem and have gotten past it, please let me know what you did to fix it. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, logging in and out but I can’t seem to get anything to work. I’ve submitted a ticket but I’ve seen that sometimes they take a couple of days if not a week or two to respond. 

Thanks again. 

Tags (2)
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Can’t withdraw.

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Another thing you can try that you didn't mention was restart your phone.  You may also want to delete any unused apps.  Ibotta uses a lot of memory and isn't so forgiving if you run out.

Sometimes the problem is on your end, sometimes the problem is on Ibotta's and then there is all the stuff in the middle.

If you have exhausted everything on your end, then you will have to wait on a response from Ibotta.

Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

wifi on off clear cookies cache. If that is still happening you may be locked out and will have to put in a ticket for them to unlock you.

Solved! Go to solution

deego_rdg
Shopper

The odd thing is that I tried everything and it’s strange because it happened the very first time I tried to withdraw. The first time I attempted to withdraw it gave me the same message. Hopefully, it can be resolved quickly if I am locked out.

Solved! Go to solution

MumLifeX6
Shopper

I am having the same problem. I submitted a ticket for help around 630am (eastern standard time) I haven't gotten a response back yet but whenever I do I can let you know what they say. I've tried everything from clear cookies trying wifi on and off freeing space on my phone trying both withdrawal options (paypal and linked bank act) I just keep getting the same error message

Solved! Go to solution

deego_rdg
Shopper

Glad to see I’m not alone in this. If you get a response faster than I do, could you let me know what’s happening?

Solved! Go to solution

deego_rdg
Shopper

I didn’t see that you had offered to let me know, but please do! Thank you 🙂

Solved! Go to solution

MumLifeX6
Shopper

Absolutely! I have $335 I'm trying to withdraw and it's super frustrating not being able to access it 🤦‍♀️🙄

Solved! Go to solution

DeeJ1126
Shopper

Be patient as they have been backed up since covid, they took about 2 weeks to reply to my issue.