cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Post Your Ibotta Account Issue(s) Here: Lockout, Withdrawal, etc.

bonnieprc
Rewards Hunter

Is there away to look at my account to trouble shoot.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

@bonnieprc

I have had issues with the Ibotta app when I am close to out of memory. If you have to clean up your phone or email regularly, you can have issues when the app tries to load another function.

Many people have issues with being locked out when withdrawing. Ibotta wants to protect your money, so if they see some activity that is unusual, they may lock your account to prevent theft. To fix this, you will need to contact Ibotta Care in the app under Help or by sending an email to accountsupport@ibotta.com. Please note that it can take several days to get a response.

I use to withdraw to PayPal, but now PayPal has to send 1099-k forms for any amounts over $600. Instead of withdrawing my money, I BUY (not withdraw) my earnings to a gift card. There are hundreds of stores you can buy a gift card for and each one gives you a percentage back. Also, they count towards bonuses.

If this doesn't work for you, your account is probably locked and you will need to open a request.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

bonnieprc
Rewards Hunter

Mmoore01,

Thank you for reply. We have tried so many things including ibotta support. We have received emails with same set of instructions for 10 days now and it's not helping. I was hoping to get some technical support or someone to call and walk us through the processes to fix. Unfortunately no technical assistance has been made possible and the savings I have acquired over the last year are not available to us. It's so frustrating.
Best regards
Bonnie
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

@bonnieprc

Sometimes the people who work the tickets don't know what your issue is and they give you the standard answers to make sure you have the latest version, clear your cache, restart your phone. But it sounds like to me that your account is locked for some reason.

If you still have a ticket open, go to it and tell them you think your account is locked. Hopefully, this will get your going again. Ibotta does not have any way to talk with someone.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

TRike
Rewards Hunter

I’ve submitted numerous help tickets and have not received any help. I’ve met all the criteria and I can’t withdraw anything.  My PayPal is confirmed.  Please help!  

[Personal information removed]

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TRike 

You should not post your personal details in these posts for security and privacy concerns.   @Dean 

Also, this forum is not closely monitored by ibotta staff, and they request you work issues out with the care team.

Your account is probably locked.  If you can't get help through your tickets, try their Facebook page.  Some have luck there.

Also, it is probably counter productive to have several tickets and it just clutters things.   Just pick one ticket and keep working it.  Usually they make things right if warranted but it just takes some effort.  sorry it has drug on so long.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

I disagree about posting your issues here when you have opened help tickets. I've found that posting here does get the attention of the help desk as this is how I have been able to get issues resolved after not getting help from the desk.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

Rickibotta,, are you a "distinguished engineer" employed by Ibotta?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Roxiesmom 

Oh dear no.  Ibotta could not afford me.  I retired 4 or 5 years ago.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Roxiesmom
Rewards Guide

Yeah, sorry you quit working for Ibotta 8 months ago after 2.5 years. 

So stop trying to boss us around on this forum... please. It would be nice if you would stop it. You cause stress here. Maybe you don't even realize it but that is the way you come across. 

0 Likes