cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Problems buying gift card this morning

UznU4urQponz
Rewards Hunter

Help! This morning tried to buy an Amazon gift card partially with Ibotta balance and debit card. Didn't see card approved, so reran steps. Got this warning (pic), so I checked status. There was NOT  a purchased gift card and I still had an Ibotta balance. Same thing happened again. Closed Ibotta, restarted phone, disconnected/reconnected to internet. Tried a third time with a different card. No purchase; checked bank account for charges. Nothing. 

I've bought more than 20 gift cards, so I'm familiar with the procedure. Is there something going on with the app? My account?

Though I didn't see any charges on my bank account, should I expect all 3 attempts to go through?? 

Any help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Problems buying gift card this morning

What-Shot
Super Saver

I don't know if this will help, but on my android doing a CLEAR CACHE is the best remedy for most of my issues with ibotta App.

Cheering for quick resolution of your issue.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

What-Shot
Super Saver

I don't know if this will help, but on my android doing a CLEAR CACHE is the best remedy for most of my issues with ibotta App.

Cheering for quick resolution of your issue.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@UznU4urQponz 

The same thing happened to my about 30 minutes ago. I tried to purchase a Walmart gift card. That's strange like yourself I have purchased many gifts cards. I'm not going to worry nothing was charged to my debit card. I planned on purchasing gift cards to complete MWMM. Well I guess the tech person will get it resolved soon.

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
Solved! Go to solution

UznU4urQponz
Rewards Hunter

I appreciate the suggestion. Gift card purchase worked as normal after Clearing Cache! Will definitely try that first the next time there's issues.

Solved! Go to solution

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

I’m having the same problems.  I called my bank and they said everything was good to go on their end with regards to my debit card.  I have an iPhone and it clears it’s own cache, automatically.  I sent in a ticket and will report back on what I find out.

0 Likes