Receipt

adabellebivens
Rewards Hunter

0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Receipt

What-Shot
Super Saver

@adabellebivens: I need to ask what you are trying to accomplish by posting your receipt here in the community? If you have a question, we'd love to try to help. Actually it is not safe (aka "risky") to share that here. Let me suggest you EDIT your post by deleting your receipt and entering your question.  @LaraL 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Not sure why it would not be safe.  No personal information.   Was a cash payment. 

Perhaps only Gerald would be upset if we all started calling and asking him things like 'Is your refrigerator running?' or 'Do they have Prince Albert in a can?"

I agree there is not much point in it, but I see no real damage that can be done by having a TC#.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Rickibotta: Perhaps I should have chosen a term "risky"  rather than "not safe." The user risks someone in this community stealing the TC# and submitting the receipt (if the user has not already successfully submitted it). 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@What-Shot 

There is that.  I guess someone could submit the TC# to ibotta, but that would be sort of stupid since ibotta can always check to see who redeemed that TC#.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Rickibotta: Correct (ibotta could track it). I'm thinking of the scenario that if the scammer submitted it before the victim did, the victim (rather than the scammer) would have more grief than anticipated when they attempted to submit it at a later time (considering ibotta's auto-flagging & CS processes). Not to mention the risk of it being submitted for rebate elsewhere (before they had the chance to do it).

Just sayin'. I simply don't think it's a wise practice to post copies of our receipts in a public forum (if the receipt includes sufficient info for it to be exploited by someone else). 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@What-Shot 

People do that on EBAY.  They will show a pic of a DLC (downloadable content) card with the actual code exposed..

Then someone buys it and they don't know better either.   

Then they get the card or code, and it has already been used.   

No winners there.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta @What-Shot 

I learn so much from you and the other members in this community - thank you! You just never know what kind of criminals are lurking around, who are ready to steal anything from anyone.