cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched device and now I can't login

cowdie
Rewards Hunter

My husband and I both have ibotta account.  We switched phone and I tried logging into my account on his old phone and can't login.  Tried resetting password 3x and keep getting the error message on his old phone.  Gave back his phone and he was able to log back into his account on his phone and I still could not login back to my account on my phone.   Does this means I'm lockout/deactivated?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Switch device and now I can't login

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

Probably.

Ibotta does not like someone having two accounts on the same phone.  I am actually surprised your husband's account wasn't deactivated.

I would send an email to support@ibotta.com and explain that you got a new phone.  They should be able to fix it for you.

0 Likes

cowdie
Rewards Hunter

Maybe I wasn't clear when I posted earlier.   There are 2 phones.   Each account is on each phone.  I wanted to switch my phone with my husband's phone.  We logged out of our account on each phone.  I then tried logging in my ibotta account with my husband's phone and couldn't login even after sending forgotten password link.    My husband was able to relogin to his ibotta's account on his old phone.  

0 Likes

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@cowdie 

My understanding is it's one account on that one phone only.  Basically you can never log in to another Ibotta account on a phone that was used by another user.

So if your husband had Ibotta on the old phone before and you login it after he logged out. You are likely deactivated.  Their system triggers that a violation has occurred and terms of service likely take effect to remove the account.  This is why you never log in/ out of different accounts on same phone.  As indicated by others both accounts will likely be deactivated.  

You should just contact support and tell them your situation and what happened to gain access back to your account if that was the case.

0 Likes