cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Trouble connecting' concern upon withdrawal

ORB
Rewards Hunter

I have confirmed, across several social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter, that dozens - perhaps scores or more - people have been experiencing the following error message at the App when, and only when, attempting withdrawal of earnings today: "We're having trouble connecting. Sorry for the interruption. Please try again in a few seconds" (View image attached)

This leads me to believe this is not a concern involving locked accounts, but a systemic failure that I sadly fear may not be resolved over the weekend- as reports I have indicate it a problem that persisted for many, for nearly the whole entire day Friday. The legion of tickets this surely has generated must certainly be significant 

Do we have any word on what happened to cause this; when it may be resolved; what steps are being taken to help ensure this won't happen again; and what explanations- if any - shall be provided the community? From what commentary has by me been seen, a good few folks were hoping to see their funds released to them but soon.

19 Replies

Re: 'Trouble connecting' concern upon withdrawal

joriley647
Rewards Hunter

Yes. This is happening with my app also. I am stuck waiting to cash out to PayPal for gas. 

This happened once before over a year ago. Please update us 

thank you

Jami
Rewards Hunter

Been having the same issue since Friday night. (Apr 29)

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

Yep I got this last night when buying gift cards using my earnings too.  I bought 4 in quick succession and it only happened on the last one but it went through when I hit retry.

Rachaeldawn1981
Rewards Hunter

I have been trying since Friday afternoon to withdrawal. I was going to file a ticket but since I know this is not just an issue with me I am sure they are already aware of the situation. 

kimbomacc
Rewards Hunter

Same issue here.

phillyman
Saver

Same for me as well!

Tia12
Rewards Hunter

I don't have problem with my account, but my friend yes

Nique
Rewards Advocate

I thought maybe I had bought too many Walmart gift cards when it wouldn’t allow me to apply my earnings last night. It worked yesterday morning.

I just tapped “Withdrawal” and get the same error described. Perhaps a large number of users are trying to withdrawal after reaching the large bonus. 

Tagging some of the Ibotta team on this post. Hopefully we will get an update soon.

Tags (2)

phillyman
Saver

I was also buying multiple Walmart Gift Cards. I assume that is allowed, correct?